Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gold 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Wesley Stephens
I have a 1971 914 that is an original gold color car. I have neve seen a gold 914 other than this one. I was told that it was an extra expense? Has anyone seen a gold 914 and was it a special order or expense? mueba.gif It also has A/C.
Cheers,
john
tod914
I seen one when I lived out in Cali. Was an additional cost color. Looks real nice! Good find.
iamchappy
My brothers girl friend had a 1976 platinum gold car it was a silvery light gold color. It was purchased new from the dealer, I have never seen another 914 that color but have seen it on 911's . I am sure the dealer special ordered it.
vortrex
yes there are gold 914's, there was one parked on the street all the time near my old house.
VegasRacer
Gold metallic was offered in 1971 & 1972.
Number 8810. Code L 97 G on the 4 cly. and code 133 on the 6's.
It would have cost an extra $136.50.
r_towle
like this...my car was originally gold also.
John Wesley Stephens
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 8 2004, 05:04 PM)
like this...my car was originally gold also.

Yep, that's it. My car is not as nice but one day soon it shall be. Your car is only the secoid gold cars I've ever seen.....Nice!!!!
East coaster
My '71 was originally gold metallic (L97G) and hopefully will be put back to this color when I can arrange it. Some wingnut painted it a really shitty red and fu-bombed the trunks and jambs black.

I think the L97G will look good. I've never been able to find any pics of one except for the one posted above with the black PORSCHE script on the side. It must be fairly rare of you never see one and no one has any pics online except for one!

Here's the only remaining gold left on my poor car.........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.