Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 15X8 Fuchs Need Some Shoes!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
OK....I've got my Fuchs down at Al Reed's getting all done up with the RSR finish. I would like to send Al over some new tires and have them mount them for me. Since my rim size is not the most popular out there (15x8) do you guys have suggestions on a good set of sticky tires and where I can get them??

Yes, my car has steel flares....or should I say..will have them on soon.

Thanks for your input!!

Ed
crest.gif
snakemain
Yeah, I've got some 15x8.5s and have been wondering the same thing.
J P Stein
Last time shopped for 15 inch tires for my MR2 I needed 225s in back & 205s in front (8s & 7s). The onliest ones I could find were Kuhmos....and NOTHING larger.....cept in Rspec. Good luck.
Chris Hamilton
205/50 R15s are pretty easy to find in just about any tire compound you want.

For semi-sticky I'd go with the Falken RT-615K. ( vulcantire.com can get 205/50 R15 )

For way sticky I'd go with the Toyo RA-1s. ( Les schwab, can also get 225/50 R15 )

And for too sticky to drive safely on the street I'd go with Hoosier A6. ( tirerack.com can get 225/45 super soft or 225/50 soft )
PeeGreen 914
I like the Toyo RA-1s. You can get the in 225 45s for a decent price. Look on-line for them and go to Discount with what you find. They will match that price.

I used the RA-1s for my street tires and had a few track days on them. They are an amazing tire for the $
GeorgeRud
FWIW, my body shop wanted to have the wheels and tires when they mounted the flares to help with the positioning of the flares. Don't know if that is standard procedure, but it does seem to make sense to me.
campbellcj
I had the Toyo RA-1's on the set of 15's I sold recently. Agree that they seem like the best option for a sticky streetable/trackable tire.
EdArango
Thanks for the info everyone!!
ED!!
Beach914
Click to view attachment

Ed,

You can come over and check out the 225/50/15 Falken ZE 912's that I pt on my 15x8's.

I put this set on my 308 GTSi also.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.