Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB-Red Handle Screwdrivers for a 914-6 tool kit.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TJB/914
WTB: I have a 914-6 tool kit that is missing the (2) Red Handle Screwdrivers.

The correct 914-6 tool kit screwdrivers are Translucent RED.

(1) 245 mm standard tipped screwdriver with an elongated head
And
(1) 190 mm Phillips-Head Screwdriver.

They will have "10000 Volt Germany" on them and make by Klein.

Desperate, will pay ?? hissyfit.gif

Tom
burton73
I have been in the same place on #41 as my tool pouch was full except these. Have you seen the copies that cost $225? or so. Money back if you are not happy.

I just know after the tooling that the cost to make these is very low but if you want something very nice I think you need to pay big time. I have spent a lot of time on the web. looking and not found anything but something that would work that was red. Not right just red and plastic.

Bob
Luke M
Wow what are these worth?

I have a set with my 914-6 tool kit. I need to dig it out and take a closer look
at them.
TJB/914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 17 2011, 01:37 PM) *

I have been in the same place on #41 as my tool pouch was full except these. Have you seen the copies that cost $225? or so. Money back if you are not happy.

I just know after the tooling that the cost to make these is very low but if you want something very nice I think you need to pay big time. I have spent a lot of time on the web. looking and not found anything but something that would work that was red. Not right just red and plastic.

Bob

Burton73

I just purchased the Phillips-Head screwdriver (orig. one) from the Pelican 911 board & I should have it soon. Not cheap. Tell me more about that repo copy for $225 & who has it FS.

I am still looking for the 245 mm elongated head one. Anyone???

BTW: I contacted the Klein Co. that manufactured these screwdrivers for Porsche. The sent a nice "dear john" not available. hissyfit.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Hey Guys, on the subject of Tool Kit pcs. Here's a rare "White Handle" screwdriver that's for an early 1973 4-cyl. 914. According to my research all the 4-cyl. ones were black except the early 73's.

My white handle for your RED handle. w00t.gif

Tom
burton73
It’s been on Ebay from time to time. Under 914-6 screwdrivers or Kline Screwdriver..

Also look on Google for the same and you should find it. I figured, as I got closer I would get them. 70 911 and 71 911 had the same tool set?

Bob
burton73

Ebay now

$235.
LOOK at pictures this a perfect reproduction of the most sought after Screw driver at every swap meet and car show as its often beat up or bent or broken this was a long term costly project to produce a high quality tool that will complete any tool bag and satisfy all con cor judges as it has been stated by several top 356 restorers on the west coast as the best new product to enter the market in years it 100% accurate and is guaranteed to satisfy this is for the flat blade only and if you need a Phillips as well call me as I can combine shipping on a pair call me at 702-398-3972 eves if more tech question Paul a 356 and 911 owner plus a356 register y member and 911S registry and of coarse PCA for over 40 years and eBay selected seller if you purchase any of my items and after delivery and inspection you are not happy with it call or email me within 7 days and I will have you return it to me and I will be happy7 to refund all $ pd less any ebay fee and one way shipping your satisfaction is my goal thanks for looking Paul LV NV USA look at my feedback and feel good about our dealings Thanks Paul
TJB/914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 17 2011, 06:42 PM) *

Ebay now

$235.
LOOK at pictures this a perfect reproduction of the most sought after Screw driver at every swap meet and car show as its often beat up or bent or broken this was a long term costly project to produce a high quality tool that will complete any tool bag and satisfy all con cor judges as it has been stated by several top 356 restorers on the west coast as the best new product to enter the market in years it 100% accurate and is guaranteed to satisfy this is for the flat blade only and if you need a Phillips as well call me as I can combine shipping on a pair call me at 702-398-3972 eves if more tech question Paul a 356 and 911 owner plus a356 register y member and 911S registry and of coarse PCA for over 40 years and eBay selected seller if you purchase any of my items and after delivery and inspection you are not happy with it call or email me within 7 days and I will have you return it to me and I will be happy7 to refund all $ pd less any ebay fee and one way shipping your satisfaction is my goal thanks for looking Paul LV NV USA look at my feedback and feel good about our dealings Thanks Paul

Burton73 (Paul)

PM sent, get back to me this evening if possible (see email). I am a buyer.

Tom
burton73
I am not a seller. I just saw the ad. Send him a email from his Ebay ad. See if you can get a deal if you buy more than one? I am up for one of each if they where done by injection molding. There should be a few people that need these. I could use one each. If the guy would deal.

The deal is he has spent the money in tooling and now his price is too high. If I were to make these at my factory it would cost me $5,000 for the plastic tooling. The per part price is very low. But you can see that is $50. Each just on tooling for the plastic for 100 units. That is for injection molding. Casting is much lower but the part will never be the same quality as the OEM part.

Bob Burton / Burton Plastics

TJB/914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 18 2011, 12:59 PM) *

I am not a seller. I just saw the ad. Send him a email from his Ebay ad. See if you can get a deal if you buy more than one? I am up for one of each if they where done by injection molding. There should be a few people that need these. I could use one each. If the guy would deal.

The deal is he has spent the money in tooling and now his price is too high. If I were to make these at my factory it would cost me $5,000 for the plastic tooling. The per part price is very low. But you can see that is $50. Each just on tooling for the plastic for 100 units. That is for injection molding. Casting is much lower but the part will never be the same quality as the OEM part.

Thanks Bob,
I am contacting Paul the seller in NV and will let you know what I find out. More later.
Tom
sled9146
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Nov 18 2011, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 18 2011, 12:59 PM) *

Thanks Bob,
I am contacting Paul the seller in NV and will let you know what I find out. More later.
Tom

Hi Tom

I have a pair of 10,000 Volt red handled screwdrivers, flat and phillips if you are still looking. The flat tip has a speck of rust as pictured.
burton73
I would Thomas have first dibs but how much do you want for them?

Bob Burton
sled9146
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 23 2011, 02:43 PM) *

Bob Burton

Hi Bob

I will get back to you after the post owner responds.

Sled
TJB/914
QUOTE(sled9146 @ Nov 23 2011, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 23 2011, 02:43 PM) *

Bob Burton

Hi Bob

I will get back to you after the post owner responds.

Sled

Sled9146

PM sent.

Tom
pete000
At 250 bucks for two repop screw drivers, looks like my tool kit will roll with Craftsman !
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I appreciate sled9146's latest offer, but I already purchased from (2) other vendors that contacted me a few days ago.

I now have (2) Phillips & (1) obround screwdriver.

Make you deal with sled9146 (see photo's) I have mine from another vendor.

Tom
bdstone914
OK, so I got a partial tool kit today from a 1968 911. These are the screw drivers in it. They are Klien, Made in Germany but do not say 10,000 volts. The handles are slightly different shaped at the bottom.
Anybody interested in them?
Bruce
project914
I'm interested. Sent you a pm Bruce.
thanks,
dug
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

This should go into the CW file, but stirthepot.gif It's tough being an anal CW, That's why we are on 914-World. hissyfit.gif

Here's my repo report & original report on my screwdriver purchase. confused24.gif

I purchased an original Phillips from Sergo and it's dead nuts correct. It's the one in the bottom photo next to Paul Bernardo's repo. The repo is good, but when you compare it to the repo there is a difference in diameter and it's a few mm shorter. The color is very, very close, but the orig. is probably darker due to age. Notice the 10,000 volt logo has a little different pattern around the logo. I believe if a CW didn't have an orig. to compare they would not know. BTW: I will not say what I paid for the repo., but it should retail for much less due to the differences. I paid a lot more for the orig. but it was worth it.

The Oblong (longer) screwdriver is a repo, but I don't have an original to compare. I'll replace it sometime in the future with an orig. For now it goes into my 914-6 Tool Kit.

Tom bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.