Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 calendar news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chuckc
I don't have permission from Porsche to sell the calendar so I'm not and there won't be a 2013. I want to thank all of you that have looked and wanted a calendar.

To see the calendar in high res, a 23Mb pdf can be downloaded here, It's very big so give it a good 5 mins: www.sarahcouncildance.com/cal/2012914calendar.pdf

I was going to print it single sided, color, on 12x18 card stock, trimmed to size (around 11.75x13.25) and wire-o bind on top; I guess I'll have Kinkos, or some other local small shop, print one for my own personal use.

On a completely separate note: I'm accepting any and all donations towards my 75 914/suby build. Seriously any form; parts, physical help, wiring expertise, paint & welding skills, auto body, cash, paypal, prayers, beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what I can get.

peace,
Chuck

my dad's 07 911S
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Chuck - I downloaded the calendar and I am going to look into getting it printed through an online printer. Please give me your paypal so I can send a donation. I will send as a "gift" so you don't incur paypal fees. Thanks, mark
VaccaRabite
I intend to do the same tonight.
What are some good online printers?

For what it's worth, I would have done the run w/o telling anyone and stop if they asked you to. Not sure why they would deny this...
chuckc
I was going to have Gothamcolor print one for me, but they were asking way too much $$ so I'm not exactley sure where I will print mine
mepstein
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 17 2011, 08:52 AM) *

I intend to do the same tonight.
What are some good online printers?

For what it's worth, I would have done the run w/o telling anyone and stop if they asked you to. Not sure why they would deny this...

Not with Porsche, Disney, Remax, ect. If they go after you it can be miserable and cost $$$!
pt_700
i work at a print shop. don't pay anyone more than $10 for this. should really be around $5 or 6.

BK911
Wow, that is just too cool. Amazing talent.

Too bad Porsche being difficult, but I can almost understand why.

Good luck with your project. I am feeling charitable so how can I make a donation?
bandjoey
If all badges, names and 914 were removed - just pictures - would you need permission??

DONATIONS ARE IN ORDER HERE for such great work. first.gif
somd914
So does this mean all those pro photographers out there selling shots of Porsches are in some sort of copyright/trademark infrigment?

As the old joke goes, what do you call 10,000 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean - a good start!

Love the artwork! Sorry it didn't work out.
Valy
Why did you ask Porsche about this?
I can only see VW in the pictures WTF.gif
Elliot Cannon
Nice job. I think I'll print it on photo paper.
chuckc
QUOTE(BK911 @ Nov 17 2011, 06:15 PM) *

Wow, that is just too cool. Amazing talent.

Too bad Porsche being difficult, but I can almost understand why.

Good luck with your project. I am feeling charitable so how can I make a donation?

thanks for the complementing my work. They do their own calendars of the new cars and would rather Porsche fans (even if only a handful) bought theirs. Thanks again for the support if you want to give a small (tiny) gift towards my 914 build you can do paypal, or if you don't have an account you could send it to my address. Your inbox is full so I can send it to you in a messesge but my e-mail is councilc at gmail dot com

thanks again
peace,
Chuck

ps
my paypal is my e-mail
chuckc
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 17 2011, 08:05 PM) *

If all badges, names and 914 were removed - just pictures - would you need permission??

DONATIONS ARE IN ORDER HERE for such great work.

That was my initial understanding based on film, TV and Andy Warhols Cadalac prints. I even intentionally left all insignia of of the cars. It only say 914 on the cover. At what point is the artists freedom of expression limited? illegal-art.org asks those questions. As they put it "Where do the First Amendment and "intellectual property" law collide? What is art's future if the current laws are allowed to stand?"

They grant liscense for art and I'm tempted to ask, I jsut don't want them to tell me I can't draw their cars anymore...If they do I'll have to start loving Lotus, and haven't heard much about how great their build quality is.

QUOTE(somd914 @ Nov 17 2011, 09:10 PM)

So does this mean all those pro photographers out there selling shots of Porsches are in some sort of copyright/trademark infrigment?

In the e-mail I received it said:
"Please note that any unauthorized use of the Porsche trademarks, including any replication of the Porsche models, would constitute a violation of Porsche trademark and trade dress rights.
We appreciate your interest and enthusiasmin Porsche."

Technically that could be construded to include you, taking a photo of your car, and even posting photos of that car here...who knows...maybe that's the "interest and enthusiasmin" they appreciate?

I'm working on the illustration of my dad's 911 for Christmas, I don't even know if I'm aloud to do that.

QUOTE(Valy @ Nov 17 2011, 11:25 PM)

Why did you ask Porsche about this?
I can only see VW in the pictures

I was advised too. I heard of them coming down on folks and just don't make the kind-of money to pony up for a lawyer. Plus I honestly thought that since the numbers were so small and that it edify's the community of folks keepin these cars alive that they wouldn't mind. At best I thought they would say yes, at worst I thought they would ask for a cut.

------------------------------
Thanks for the interest
peace,
chuck
mepstein
There's an artist who sells Porsche paintings and prints on Pelican for hundreds/thousands of dollars. I know Wayne Dempsey just bought a very large print of his to display. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...e-building.html

So does that mean if I write a book about Porsche, do I need to have their permission to print?
Deep6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 18 2011, 12:24 PM) *

There's an artist who sells Porsche paintings and prints on Pelican for hundreds/thousands of dollars. I know Wayne Dempsey just bought a very large print of his to display. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...e-building.html

So does that mean if I write a book about Porsche, do I need to have their permission to print?

Rennlist used to be called "Porsche List" until they received papers from the Porsche lawyers. bty, I have a set for sale also if anyone is interested, 50 or so pages long. ha
stugray
Actually I disagree and I think Porsche is over-reaching here.

Here is a paragraph from:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf

"What Is Not Protected by Copyright?

Several categories of material are generally not eligible for
federal copyright protection. These include among others:

• works that have not been fixed in a tangible form of
expression (for example, choreographic works that have
not been notated or recorded, or improvisational speeches
or performances that have not been written or recorded)

• titles, names, short phrases, and slogans; familiar symbols
or designs; mere variations of typographic ornamentation,
lettering, or coloring; mere listings of ingredients or contents

• ideas, procedures, methods, systems, processes, concepts,
principles, discoveries, or devices, as distinguished from a
description, explanation, or illustration"

A vehicle is clearly a device.

However they CAN copyright the Porsche emblem so your drawings are fine.

A PATENT would apply to a vehicle, but are only good for 20 years.

So I would have told Porsche to stuff it up their bootyshake.gif

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.