Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM motorola radio wiring mystery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
reharvey
Going to install this radio using a NOS installation kit. Everything in the instructions works out except it doesn't tell you which color wire from the radio is the hot lead and which one is ground. The blue and black wires are shown in the photo. My best guess is that the black one is the ground. Anyone know for sure? Will the radio be damaged if I wire it backwards? Thanks, Ray

For anyone who might need this info - this radio is chassis grounded - the black wire is hot - the blue wire is for the dial light.
Mike Bellis
Could be a chassis ground radio. Use an ohm meter from the wire to the chassis. if you have less than 1 ohm, that is the ground wire.
reharvey
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 17 2011, 08:44 PM) *

Could be a chassis ground radio. Use an ohm meter from the wire to the chassis. if you have less than 1 ohm, that is the ground wire.

According to the instructions apparently it's not a chassis ground radio but I'll try this. Thanks, Ray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.