Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell to 4742903977
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
The story.......... I had a different donor car for my Red 74 project car, but then 4742903977 found its way to me. It was a running driving car, but (there's always a but..) it had been wrecked on the passenger side front & rear and repaired. The repair was poor at best. Between poor repair, tweeked chassis, and bondo covered rust it really was a parts car. I really do hate seeing these cars parted out, but parts of it will live on in my project car and maybe a few others.

Farewell 4742903977 beer.gif

Day I bought it.

Click to view attachment

After I finished parting it out.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Loading onthe trailer

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

At scrap yard sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Good bye beer.gif

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Just like an organ donar, the parts will allow another to live on.

May it rest in peace!
rick 918-S
How much do they pay for a shell? I have one I have to get rid of soon. After I get the perfect dash pad out of it.
GaroldShaffer
Rick I got $75 for it. Only thing on it was the front suspension & rear lid. I kept everyting else plus cut off the front fenders, cowl section and rear bulkhead area.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 18 2011, 09:42 AM) *

Rick I got $75 for it. Only thing on it was the front suspension & rear lid. I kept everyting else plus cut off the front fenders, cowl section and rear bulkhead area.

I heard scrap was way up. My parts car will be the same. The last time I scrapped a car I think it was 30 years ago. I got like $ 25.00 for a full on complete 1968 chevy Impala.
Mikey914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2011, 07:57 AM) *

I heard scrap was way up. My parts car will be the same. The last time I scrapped a car I think it was 30 years ago. I got like $ 25.00 for a full on complete 1968 chevy Impala.

30 years ago you could buy 50 gallons of gas for $25, looks like the values are actually down biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 18 2011, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2011, 07:57 AM) *

30 years ago you could buy 50 gallons of gas for $25, looks like the values are actually down biggrin.gif

dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 17 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Farewell 4742903977 beer.gif

I added it to the VIN database. If you have any more info (color code, date code, chassis number etc.) let me know ...

bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.