Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montery Historics, Who's Going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
So i'm leaving CO again, and fly into San Fran on Thursday AM, and I should be in Montery that evening... Who is planning on going to the Historic's over the weekend. I will be at the Italiano and pits on friday, and the track most of the day Saturday. Also, I'm staying at the Hyatt in downtown Montery so I should be fairly easy to find.

I don't own a club hat, although I will be looking for other people wearing them.

So If there is a local group getting together for beers or dinner over the weekend., let me know! beerchug.gif

Ferg.

My ugly mug for reference...
Brad Roberts
I have spoken to many non-members who are going... nothing set in stone however.

I havent decided if I'm going yet or not. I was offered a rafting trip and the historics are the same cars year after year.......

B
theol00
I'll be going - is there a Porsche or 914 corral ? I will pm you and give you my cell - than we can hook up
fiid
We're thinking of heading down on Saturday - help get the GT off it's run-in period (grr). I'll be wearing a 914Club hat if we do go.

Fiid.
bernbomb914
WOW thats a face only a mother could love

Bernie
Jenny
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 9 2004, 07:47 AM)

Ferg- that picture will sure come in handy if some munchkins are looking for you. lol2.gif

Jen
Ferg
Ha, that pic was taken on the way back from WCC across Nevada in 90+ heat. I was melting.

Ferg
peridotian
We will be there all three days. We have a campsite at the track and will be running around on mtn bikes all weekend. My brother in law who owns a 914 in Chicago is flying out and he is easy to spot as he has a carbon fiber leg from a motorcycle accident. So give us a shout if you see us ride by! We usually hang around in the trees at the corkscrew if it gets too hot.
BMartin914
Lucky you Ferg...

Always wanted to check out the Historics...lifelong dream.

Maybe some day.

Have FUN beerchug.gif

Ben
Dave_Darling
I'll be there, Fri-Sun, with my attorney. Sadly, I don't have any suggestions on places to go for a brew or a BS session...

--DD
Ferg
Cool, dave i'll look for you around the pits...

I know the shelby museum guys, so i may be around that pit, and also, another colorado, guy who has a red mazeratti and a couple of open wheel coopers, and a blue cooper monaco... I'm having lunch at his pit on saturday.

Ferg
echocanyons
I will be going saturday.
carreraguy
Theo:

Both the Concorso Italiano on Friday and the Monterey Concours on Saturday/Sunday have Porsche corrals, but nothing specifically for the 914's as far as I know. I know you have to pre-Register for the Concorso corral as I am going in my 911. Not sure about the corral on Sat/Sun; the LPR PCA website would have more info on that.
Ferg
Cool Tom, I remember your Club Sport from WCC on sunday, i'll look for it...
Ferg.
opera guy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 9 2004, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 9 2004, 07:47 AM)

Ferg- that picture will sure come in handy if some munchkins are looking for you. lol2.gif

Jen

or short asian ppl such as myself, and i guess jenny and others biggrin.gif
carreraguy
Ferg:

Maybe I'll see you on Friday @ Concorso.

Not planning on going to the Sat /Sun events - too much traffic and crowds. If I was staying overnight, the usual hangout is the "Baja Cantina" in Carmel Valley. Nice auto crowds for the Laguna events and good margaritas/beer.
gregrobbins
I heard from my cousin in Orlando who works for Exocit Car Transport that there is to be a 908 in the field for the races driven by Brian Redman. He hauled the car to Naples, FL a couple weeks ago for on track testing. I guess the car goes like a bat out of hell. Imagine that motor in a 914 biggrin.gif

I recall he said it is blue and orange in the Gulf colors. Anyway, I wish I could join you. Enjoy.
Dominic
This is the first time in many years that I won't be able to attend.....I'm on the wrong coast! headbang.gif
I have to agree with Brad in a way that you do see many of the same cars year after year, but it's still a pretty cool event. You might see a 914-6 in one of the vintage classes along with tons of other cool vintage Porsche race cars. Check out the vendors in the infield, usually some prety cool stuff (like aluminum body cobras and other race / replica cars). Enjoy
Dave_Darling
Generally you won't see 914s racing at the Historics. The only time I recall it happening was in 98 at the 50th b-day party for Porsche. They usually cut off the eligibility in the mid- or late-60s, and of course the 914s start at the 1970 model year...

--DD
theol00
Dave is correct the cut off for GT cars is 1968 -
echocanyons
Sun @ 4:15PM is Group 7B, 1965-1974 FIA Prototypes & GT Cars
I guess this would include the 914 confused24.gif but I didtn see any on the participant list
Brad Roberts
You have to be invited for the racing... if they chose not to invite 914's....

I'll be there on Saturday. I'm leaving Santa Cruz at 10:30 am off of Pasiotempo (sp?) and 17

Probably be driving the Orange 9146 I autoX'd at WCC...

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.