Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Frustration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nemo914
Anybody recommend a place to buy some Bosch fuel injectors for a 1.7 that don't cost an arm and leg? (arm and leg = $88 each!)

Thanks
SLITS
New or Rebuilt?
Nemo914
I would prefer new, I guess, but if rebuilt are just as good--doesn't matter.
RustyWa
www.thepartsbin.com for new ones. They are dirt cheap.
Nemo914
They list them for $113! Ouch.

My car is popping on decel and a previous thread makes me think I have a fuel injector that is leaking. My plan was to buy one new, swap it around each cylinder and test drive to see if it stops. I have already changed the heat exchangers (good seals), muffler, TPS, and MPS. I am pulling my hair out!

Paying so much for an injector is adding insult to injury!
phantom914
QUOTE(RustyWa @ Aug 9 2004, 05:53 PM)
www.thepartsbin.com for new ones. They are dirt cheap.

I had a bad experience with thepartsbin. I bought an item they listed in their online catalog and it was the wrong part. They refused to admit that their listing was incorrect, but coincidentally, the listing was corrected soon after. It also took several attempts to get an RMA number and when they finally did, they charged me a re-stocking fee even though it was their fault. They never refunded the amount, but the credit card company ate it and gave me a refund since they had accidenatlly closed the dispute even though it was still open.

And that is the short version of the story.

Shorter version: don't buy from thepartsbin.com

Andrew
newdeal2
Why not just go for a clean and balance of all the injectors? Mine cost a total of about $100.00 from Marren. Fast turn around too.

http://www.injector.com/injectorservice.php
markb
Run some techron thru them for a couple tanks. Made a difference in my 1.7. Adjusting the ECU to center, adjusting the throttlebody screw, and a tank of techron worked well.
mightyohm
The price of fuel injectors online has more than doubled in the past six months. What gives?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.