Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NE 914-6 @ $69,900 SOLD - but for what$$ ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
That Orange/Black 70 914-6 on consignment sale in the Northeast finally sold, after being advertised at $69,900, but did it sell for that - or for less?? huh.gif

Anyone know? confused24.gif

http://www.lemonfree.com/abd11f905791ad909...228199-20111118

popcorn[1].gif
biosurfer1
I sure hope it sold near asking price....356 prices, here we come!
Michael N
popcorn[1].gif
Rleog
I believe this car was discussed before. If I can recall it was a dealer selling an older resto not quite period correct. As with dealers you can never trust what they tell you. I doubt this was a cash deal most likely a trade and cash or some sort of arrangement confused24.gif

Not quite a dealer. The former owner is a Porsche mechanic who runs a private shop, Stuttgart Northeast, in Danvers, MA. I have no clue about the arrangements of the sale.
Tom_T
Yup, it was on it's own post when first listed & discussed there, and it was a dealer consignment type sale.

I just thought it was worth a follow-up post to see if anyone knew the actual sale price, since the $70k was breaking the altitude record for an excellent factory 6 resto - aside from the incorrect resto things on it.
racerbvd
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 18 2011, 02:40 PM) *

So do I......
sixerdon
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 21 2011, 03:05 PM) *

So do I......

you would not be wrong................
I am sworn to secrecy...................

Don
racerbvd
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Nov 28 2011, 05:03 PM) *

So do I......

Don

Give us a hint, how far off??? I want to get an idea how much I'll lose if I sell the "Six" currently under restoration sad.gif
TJB/914
smilie_pokal.gif When the 914-6's are sold off & no longer available the 914-4's will follow $$$$$ pray.gif 73-74 2.0 next than 1.8 or 1.7's w00t.gif

Tom
racerbvd
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 17 2011, 01:23 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif When the 914-6's are sold off & no longer available the 914-4's will follow $$$$$ pray.gif 73-74 2.0 next than 1.8 or 1.7's w00t.gif

Tom

That is what happened with the 356 market....
Stuff that I had that was worth nothing 10 years ago (356 core parts) brought me a few Grand over the summer....
sixerdon
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 17 2011, 11:02 AM) *

So do I......

Don

Give us a hint, how far off??? I want to get an idea how much I'll lose if I sell the "Six" currently under restoration sad.gif

As you stated........
"I sure hope it sold near asking price...."
As I answered.......
"You would not be wrong........"
Close enough until I let time pass by when I can divulge the number.
Oh,.....don't look for the car on these shores.......
Don

racerbvd
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Dec 18 2011, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 17 2011, 11:02 AM) *

So do I......

Don

As you stated........
"I sure hope it sold near asking price...."
As I answered.......
"You would not be wrong........"
Close enough until I let time pass by when I can divulge the number.
Oh,.....don't look for the car on these shores.......
Don

Thanks Don, keeping the thread alive first.gif
914go
I do remember seeing this car for sale by a dealer some time ago
sixerdon
There comes a time when the truth must be told. Here is the latest in the continuing saga of subject 9140431202. Many have doubted that the owner could not get the price he was asking ($69,900) and thought he was nuts, but with the right connections, the right buyer can come along. I have first hand knowledge that this sale went down for THIS asking price.
Mind you, this is not a stock /6, but was built by the owner as a driver with smart upgrades to a factory six. For those who own /6's, take care of them, but drive them. This owner had the right connection when it was time to part.
Enjoy.....
Don

http://paulrussell.com/classic-cars-for-sa...31202/index.php

I'm sure all our cars will fetch big bucks 40 -60 years from now..But are you going to be around to collect? Might as well enjoy it now as tomorrow is never promised to any one.
racerbvd
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jan 8 2012, 05:00 PM) *

There comes a time when the truth must be told. Here is the latest in the continuing saga of subject 9140431202. Many have doubted that the owner could not get the price he was asking ($69,900) and thought he was nuts, but with the right connections, the right buyer can come along. I have first hand knowledge that this sale went down for THIS asking price.
Mind you, this is not a stock /6, but was built by the owner as a driver with smart upgrades to a factory six. For those who own /6's, take care of them, but drive them. This owner had the right connection when it was time to part.
Enjoy.....
Don

http://paulrussell.com/classic-cars-for-sa...31202/index.php

That is how I'm building mine, but with what has already been spent, I don't think it will be a daily driver, more of a weenie car..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.