Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS heatexchangers 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
69rsss
Im looking for a new set of SS heatexchangers for a 2.0 after reading the heatexchanger warnings and the amount of time Ive put into my 72 Im having a hard time wraping myself around the idea of puting OEM vintage exchangers back on the car. Ive seen two companies that do very nice pieces Tangerine and Mittlmotor, Ive tried to get a hold of Mittlmotor with no luck and even if I did not sure we could talk being that they are located in germany. Any ideas or sorces would great! thanks in advance Joe......Oh yeah Im from the Northwest so heat is kinda cool as far as the wife is concerned.
JeffBowlsby
This is the only source I know of for them:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neu-Porsche-914-4-W...=item3f101b961d

Except for the one set of NOS that I have. These are on of the last sets made, and have the SS flanges. Make an offer and I will consider it.

my email is: jeff-dot-bowlsby-at-sbcglobal-dot-net
bdstone914
I have a set of NOS set of 2.0 SSI Heat exchangers. They Look just the ones pictures above. If interested give me a call. 951 536 7478 -Bruce
sean_v8_914
I had those at the shop on display for a while. while nobody ponied up for them, they were an enjoyable conversation piece of automotive jewelry. Bruce's are shinier!
sean_v8_914
I wonder: is the polished finish indicative of manufacturing time or date?
ape914
I have a NOS set of 2 liter SS heat exchangers, still in the SSI factory box, make an offer via PM.

thanks

bandjoey
happy11.gif OH No. Suddenly multiple sets appear....price is declining as we speak!
Should these not sell, my addres is...... smile.gif
pilothyer
I have 2 sets of NIB SSI heat exchangers.......Both sets are stainless steel throughout including the muffler flanges and are in original boxes.
Let me know if interested via PM................Jerry
Bullethead
QUOTE(69rsss @ Nov 18 2011, 06:36 PM) *

Im looking for a new set of SS heatexchangers for a 2.0 after reading the heatexchanger warnings and the amount of time Ive put into my 72 Im having a hard time wraping myself around the idea of puting OEM vintage exchangers back on the car. Any ideas or sorces would great! thanks in advance Joe......Oh yeah Im from the Northwest so heat is kinda cool as far as the wife is concerned.

I have no idea which size engine these are for, but they're in good shape. Anyone recognize the maker?, there's no markings on these...

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
pilothyer
Those are most likely SSI.....They are the 2.0 and appear to be the later ones with the stainless steel flanges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.