Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy one year anniversary 4732903490!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
I have been a Porsche fan all of my life and I have wanted a 914 since I was 14 or so. Last year a couple of weeks before my 32 birthday I stumble upon a 914 that seemed to be in good shape and wasn’t on the moon or in California. It was in Greenville SC about 2 hours from my childhood home and about 2 weeks before thanksgiving. I had been perusing the Porsche books and magazines (and later on websites) for the better part of 2 decades and it looked like my excuses where up. I went to see the car for the first time on 11/19/10 and even though it took a couple of days of bargaining and 2 more trips to the dealer, I’m pretty sure the deal was done today a year ago when I first laid eyes on the car. I am now almost a full year into the mental illness that is 914 ownership and 914World has been a priceless support group. THANK YOU ALL!
Click to view attachment
ezbngreen914
The photo above is of the car the first time I went to look at it at the dealer. I wish this was my personal toy box but no such luck. The signs alone probably cost more than the materials for my garage. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
birthday3.gif welcome.png
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I'm not Dear Abby but it helps when the wife / girlfriend will at least let you spend 95% of your savings on the car and help you pull the motor once in awhile.
zymurgist
Happy anniversary!

beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
It's the other woman syndrome. I went through it in like 1995 when I brought home a 914 I had built at my shop over several years. She called it a pickup car. "The only thing that car is good for is picking up chicks!" slap.gif I said, you want to go for a ride? shades.gif

Get her in the car and bring her someplace she really likes. biggrin.gif Then take the long way home. happy11.gif Both your girls will be happy.
JMKnight
driving.gif I wanted to sell my 914-6 but have since changed my mind. You would not believe the people that come up to you speaking of sellers remorse after selling their 914, not to mention posts on this site where the blogger sold his/her 914 and regretted it. I can't afford another 6, so I should just stand pat!! dry.gif
JMKnight
biggrin.gif When I bought my 6er the PO looks at me and Mary and said with a smile;"It 's really a great HOON car !"

It's the other woman syndrome. I went through it in like 1995 when I brought home a 914 I had built at my shop over several years. She called it a pickup car. "The only thing that car is good for is picking up chicks!" slap.gif I said, you want to go for a ride? shades.gif

Get her in the car and bring her someplace she really likes. biggrin.gif Then take the long way home. happy11.gif Both your girls will be happy.
[/quote]
ezbngreen914
Thanks everybody! I took the girlfriend to dinner and on the way home I ended up picking up a pair of jack stands for the 914 biggrin.gif. Hopefully everyone will be happy now.
beerchug.gif
bulitt
That's the way to do it...I always try to work in a tool purchase also.

Well Honey, looks like that leaky faucet gasket is gonna require a TIG welder to repair! I'll get right on it...
Tom_T
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Nov 19 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Thanks everybody! I took the girlfriend to dinner and on the way home I ended up picking up a pair of jack stands for the 914 biggrin.gif. Hopefully everyone will be happy now.
beerchug.gif

Oh you cad! biggrin.gif

... just remember - you can only marry the gal, so remind her of that too! laugh.gif
shelby/914
By the way, Great looking car! Love the color and the wheels.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 19 2011, 07:10 AM) *

"The only thing that car is good for is picking up chicks!" slap.gif I said, you want to go for a ride? shades.gif

Well said.... so did she? grouphug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 22 2011, 07:31 AM) *

"The only thing that car is good for is picking up chicks!" slap.gif I said, you want to go for a ride? shades.gif

Not right away... slap.gif She wanted me to sell it. unsure.gif It took several years and the installation of the V8. assimilate.gif She likes it now. driving-girl.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 22 2011, 05:46 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 22 2011, 07:31 AM) *

Not right away... slap.gif She wanted me to sell it. unsure.gif It took several years and the installation of the V8. assimilate.gif She likes it now. driving-girl.gif

Good strategy. Wear 'em down. shades.gif
JawjaPorsche
That is one nice looking teener! Got to get some Mahle's or Fuch's to make it look even better!

Tell your significant other that Christmas is coming!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Terry
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Nov 21 2011, 02:48 PM) *

By the way, Great looking car! Love the color and the wheels.

Thanks! beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 22 2011, 09:31 AM) *

That is one nice looking teener! Got to get some Mahle's or Fuch's to make it look even better!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Terry

Thanks! I would love to have some Mahles for it or maybe some cookie cutters, but Its hard to beat the good old domes and having the cash in my back pocket that it would take to convert makes the ride a little nicer too. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'll actually be heading up your way (sort of). Spending some time in Atlanta and then up to my parents house just east of Helen GA. I wish I was taking the teener. There are some great roads up there. driving.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Nov 22 2011, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 22 2011, 09:31 AM) *

Happy Thanksgiving!

Terry

Thanks! I would love to have some Mahles for it or maybe some cookie cutters, but Its hard to beat the good old domes and having the cash in my back pocket that it would take to convert makes the ride a little nicer too. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'll actually be heading up your way (sort of). Spending some time in Atlanta and then up to my parents house just east of Helen GA. I wish I was taking the teener. There are some great roads up there. driving.gif

The day I bought the car my uncle was driving it back from Greenville SC on 441 and the fuel pump died around Clarksville. As if sitting on the side of 441 with my brand new (to me) 914 wasn't nerve racking enough, when the tow truck got there the driver said "now I've never hauled one of these". He hooked it up and started pulling the car onto the flat bed and just when the back tire made it onto the bed the chain came loose and the car started rolling backward off the truck and down 441. No harm done but man I was ready for a drink by the time we got the car to a the local shop. beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.