One of only 4,200 built, the last year of the 914. I've owned this car for about 17 yrs.
This is a California car. Nepal orange with tan interior. I've put a lot of money into this car over the years.

This is a stock car, in straight condition. The engine was rebuilt a few years ago, and the heads were sent off and
rebuilt by Fat Performance - well known as a quality shop. The ONLY major issue with this car is a bottom end noise
that will require the engine to be removed and case split - apparently due to a loose cam. HENCE THE PRICE.
I do not have the time to deal with the car at this time.

However, the car does start, and the the car runs cool, even under full load conditions, and has plenty of power. Blaupunkt stereo.

The car has bilstein shocks, turbo tie-rods and 110lb springs in back. No issue with rust in the engine compartment,
no rust issue in battery tray, or usual locations. The body pan is solid with no rust, esp. none around jacking points.
THERE is only rust spot, and that's existed since I've owned the car, which is on the rt. front fender, and is not a structural issue.

I'm looking for $5,000 - I will accept a bid of less, but am fairly firm at that price. This car, when seen, due to it's clean, condition
is worthy of time to bring to full restoration. This is a much cleaner car than normally encountered.

Richard (408) 590-5260

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article