Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi from Rome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
I'm still enjoying the freedom. Since I last posted I've been to Torino, Genova, Pisa, and now Rome. Next stop will be Naples next week.

Climbed to the top of the Leaning Tower, strange climbing with the tilt. Also climbed to the top of Saint Peters Cathedral at the Vatican. The Patheon is Incredable and the Colosseum is just a Wow moment.

Here's some pictures

Later, Don
kevin311
Im so jealous hissyfit.gif
Thats my favorite city... Period
If you have a chance make sure you check out the San Sebastiano Catacombs, and the Capuchin Crypt (not for the sqeemish). It's a little tricky to find the crypt but well worth the look.
Keep living the dream!
Kevin
sean_v8_914
what? no RSA pic with the Colesium in the background? damn, the Mayans were right.
Drums66
......Cool, nice pic's flag.gif
bye1.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks for posting Don! Cool!
Tom
Man is that great! Don, hope you continue to have "fair winds and following seas" in your travels, and thanks for the pics. Would love to be there sharing this adventure!
Tom, ICC(sw) Us Navy Ret.
vwsamba
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 19 2011, 08:23 AM) *

what? no RSA pic with the Colesium in the background? damn, the Mayans were right.

agree.gif I was quite disappointed not to see the porsche in the pics. All holiday snaps should have a pic of your car in the foreground. I know mine do biggrin.gif
DonTraver
In Italy they have these areas called Limited Traffic Zones, if you get caught in one without a special pass, busted. Cameras record licience plates and I saw one ticket guy using a hand held scanner on a bunch of cars at one parking lot and promply writting tickets, a lot of tickets. Mostly cars from other countries. Oh yeah a couple of cars got towed too.

I would love to take some pictures of the RSA in front of these places, but it's just not worth the trouble.
tod914
Nice shots.. how did you manage to get everyone in the Pisa photo to lean to one side?
Tom_T
WUT!!?? ..... they wouldn't let you park your classic 914 in front of these classic monuments for the pix!!?? huh.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Nov 20 2011, 02:24 AM) *

In Italy they have these areas called Limited Traffic Zones, if you get caught in one without a special pass, busted. Cameras record licience plates and I saw one ticket guy using a hand held scanner on a bunch of cars at one parking lot and promply writting tickets, a lot of tickets. Mostly cars from other countries. Oh yeah a couple of cars got towed too.

I would love to take some pictures of the RSA in front of these places, but it's just not worth the trouble.

If it was a ferrari they would not both you taking a picture.
German car...forget it.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.