Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Targa seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pat4
Hi all,

I just watched my targa roof and discovered that there was an important space in the center of the roof between rollbar and roof seal.

at left and right, the roof fits perfectely on the rollbar but not at center point.

Whats the problem ? Rear seal ? It seems nice... Roof deformation ?
Allan
Looks like either your roll bar is pushed downforward or the top is warped. How hard is it to set the latches?
SLITS
Mine looked like that after I hit a concrete wall with the driver's side rear going backwards about 50 mph. I was going the correct direction until I hit the water.
Sammy
Something is warped. A new seal will prolly not fix that problem. I've seen this once before, I'm wondering if all roofs from all years are identical. They are supposed to be but I'm not sure.
Could be the roof is wapred or the roll bar, or maybe the latches are seriously out of adjustment.
Try to see if you can move the roof latches farther together, maybe slot the holes.
Or try a friend's roof on your car to see if it does it too.

One other thing you might want to try, put some surgical tubing or hose on the rear roof latches and see if that tightens things up.

Is there any chance that the front of the roof is being deformed where it meets the windshield frame and is causing the problem in the back?
McMark
Take off all the latches and see if it sits flat.
pat4
Hello,

The roof perfectely fits in front. In fact, rear latches are really slack. May be something to search and adjust there...
I cannot believe the rollbar is warped, my coachbuilder told me that the car never crashed. BTW, can somebody tell me the spacing between the decklid and the center rollbar ... to check if mine is normal or lowered ?

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.