Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charcoal Canister Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I just got my hands on a pretty new Charcoal Canister. My problem is how do run hoses. I know the small outlet goes to the gas tank. I just looked at the bird site vacuum hose diagrams and there seems to be a discrepancy. On the picture that Pete Klager did for the1.8. He has the outlet next to the small outlet going to the air cleaner and the outlet on the other end going to the fan shroud. On Marc-Andre Morin 1.7 diagram he has the outlet next to the small one going to the engine shroud and the lone outlet going to the air cleaner. Which is right. Oh yea I also have a carbed ’70 1.7. if that makes a difference.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Aug 9 2004, 04:23 PM)
Which is right?

doesn't matter, works both ways ...

one goes to the engine shround, pass. side outlet the other to the air-cleaner.
wink.gif Andy
Allan
If you can wait until tomorrow I have a really good set of pictues for the hose connections and routing that was sent to me by anther member (Sorry, I'm at home now or I would give him/her BIG hug for the pics!)! boldblue.gif
Dave_Darling
Different connections, different years. M-A's diagram should have two hoses in the driver's side rocker panel, with the cannister up front by the fuel tank. (Mine as well.) Pete's diagram should show a single small line going through the center tunnel, and the cannister back in the engine bay.

A 70 will not have the small line in the center tunnel, as that showed up in ~mid-74 model year. So use the early-car diagrams as a reference.

--DD
JoeSharpOld
The end with the two hose fittings is the intake side and single hose fitting is the exuast. The hose from the fan shroud shuld put positive presure in the canister and remove the fumes which you want to go into the air cleaner not the crank case.
ruddyboys
The engine is a '70 but the body is a 74, so I have the gas tank vent line going to the engine compartment, where is the canister mounted. Would it make a diference if the exhaust hose goes to one carb or put a "t" to hit both carbs. After cutting a hole in the top of my K&N what type of connection would be the bet to use, pic would be heplfull.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.