Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windscreen Mouldings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downunderman
Have to replace the screen in the teener. The mouldings are really great, but i suspect that they will be damaged being taken off. Does Porsche still have them. According to a dealer down here they are NLA.
Mike Bellis
www.914rubber.com

Has new reproductions.
Downunderman
Im after the shiny metal bits. He seems to have a rubber alternative.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Downunderman @ Nov 20 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Im after the shiny metal bits. He seems to have a rubber alternative.

He has both! email him. He was doing a group buy for shiny bits on this site.
Downunderman
Excellent. Thanks.
Mikey914
Actually,
These are just coming on line. I have 10 sets that I'm completing right now. I anticipate that in about a week I can have these done, but I'm not currently taking any additional orders for these as I don't want to create a huge back log.

These are hand polished and sealed using a method similar to factory. The polishing is the killer.
-mark
Tom_T
Sent you a PM Mate! beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have an NOS set of factory windshield trim, polished aluminum. All 6 pieces. It would be expensive to ship to you in that it needs a large box, although its very lightweight. Let me know if you are interested
pilothyer
If your original trim is in good condition, you could save the money new trim would cost you by using the proper tool to locate the clips and release the trim without harm.
Downunderman
I have got that sorted out. I took the cover off the car on the weekend to take it our for a blast and discovered a crack right through the middle of the screen, precipitated I suspect by a small stone chip under the wiper.

Not to worry though, my insurance provides for one free screen per car per year. They finally agreed that if the repairer trashed the mouldings they would be replaced as part of the claim. So its up to the repairer now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.