Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now I can AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
Check this out. I clicked the wrong catigory and stumbled across this...

Knob
MDB2.gif
Hawktel
My Grandfather had one of them on his Tractor. (he was a farmer)

If you hit a tree just right it spins the wheel. Then knob will break your forearm.

13 was a rough age for me.

Ed Hachtel
Curvie Roadlover
Those are called suicide knobs. When you're turning they tend to catch on seatbelts, clothing..., etc. then the car continues to turn instead of the wheel straightening out. What you hit depends on what's around you at the time this happens. Maybe nothing, maybe a semi.
airsix
Not trying to be a killjoy, but check the rules. I believe SCCA rules ban them. They are also banned by my local clubs rules. Don't know about PCA or POC.

-Ben M.
bernbomb914
My generation called them neckers knob's was a great assist for one handed driving. We all had bench seats in those days so your honey could sit next to you and you could put your arm around her.

Bernie driving.gif MDB2.gif flag.gif
jonwatts
That one is nice, but if I had it I'd spend all my time polishing my knob.
Curvie Roadlover
Jon, if you had a nice big boat to mount it to, you'd probably be able to get someone to polish your knob for you.
Gint

You don't need to shop ebay for that do ya?
jonwatts
QUOTE(ginter @ Apr 28 2003, 07:23 PM)

You don't need to shop ebay for that do ya?

It gets me in the mood. I'm now unsubscribing from this thread to avoid further incrimination.
Carl
Whoa, nice knob!

It gets me in the mood. I'm now unsubscribing from this thread to avoid further incrimination.

I think that's artificial incrimination.

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.