Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California Traffic School
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I have earned the privilege of attending traffic school in California. sad.gif
There are 100 on the approved list. confused24.gif How do I pick one?
Are any better? Faster? Cheaper? Is there one where I might actually learn something or have fun? Are all the internet ones the same?
Cap'n Krusty
I used <www.ComedyTrafficSchool.com> Reasonable, entertaining, and it met the county's standards. Took a little time on a Sunday afternoon.

The Cap'n
underthetire
Mueller was saying you now need to go take a test in front of a notary now. Anyone run in to this?
Mike Bellis
Far as I know you can still do it online
RiqueMar
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 20 2011, 02:00 PM) *

Far as I know you can still do it online

I did my traffic service from the ticket I got on the way back from RRC online. Super easy, cheap, and fast (I think I did it in 1-2 hours)
Jeffs9146
I am going through this also! I am going to use the on-line class!!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 20 2011, 02:26 PM) *

I am going to use the on-line class!!

Which one ? headbang.gif

The web page they said to use is a dead link. flag.gif go figure
http://www.sbcourts.org/tslist

Here is the hard copy they sent. busted_cop.gif
ConeDodger
Some of these use a test method that was developed to keep you from not reviewing the material and just taking the test. They embed random words or phrases that are totally out of place like zucchini bread or jalopy springs. The unit test will have a question regarding the random phrases. If you get everything else right, it will not matter if you get the 'cheater' question right or not.

Of course, you can learn something if you go all the way through it but the answers to the legit questions are pretty common sense.
Krieger
I have done both online and by mail. The online is convenient, but you must click through every freakin sceen when its ready to move on. It is designed to take you forever. If it is an option to do it by mail do it. If you do it by mail they send you a booklet and the test. Guess what? You look up the questions you don't know then mail in your test. You save hours by doing it this way. It has been two years for me since I did this. I hope this is still an option.
Gint
*snicker*
Valy
Choose one that you can attend online.
rick 918-S
If you live in Nevada why do you have to go to Cali traffic school?
JimN73
Doesn't really matter which one you choose, the outcome is the same.

A decade or so ago, I took a offered by a San Francisco cop, he covered all the stuff he was supposed to, and answered a bunch of questions about police motives and priorities.

A lot more interesting than the comics and clowns.
PancakePorsche
Last one I did online and pounded it out in 3 hrs. You can stop and restart if you want to break it up over a couple days. Beats losing a whole day on precious weekend.
SLITS
On line ....
914werke
Pursuant to AB2499, which was passed in the 2009-2010 legislative session, effective July 1, 2011, traffic violations where a defendant has elected or been ordered to attend a traffic violator school will no longer be a dismissal on the driving record.
They will now become a confidential conviction.
A confidential conviction will mask the violation from your public record.
Insurance companies will not see the confidential conviction.

What a F'n scam
Jeffs9146
I did the On-Line class Citationstation.com It took about 2.5 hours and was a bit boring but it is done!

I just randomly picked one and signed up! I paid a bit more to have it electronicly sent to the court (Alameda) and a hard copy sent to my home.

Some of the courses require a notory so pick one that does not!
andys
Do the on-line test during football Sunday/women's tennis/whatever, so as not to be waiting for reading time allotments. It's pretty simply really.

Andys
smj
A little over two years ago I used GoToTrafficSchool.com; it was boring, but it got the job done. I think the mandatory online training at work (very corporate) is consistently far more annoying - or else it's raised my pain threshold significantly for this sort of thing...
Drums66
.......Only if I new what erea you lived in
I know alot about speeding, I mean traffic school idea.gif
idea.gif bye1.gif(a cheap 1 or funny 1 ??)
Maltese Falcon
I enjoyed the TS at the Hollywood Improv comedy club.
Also had some fun with the teacher who was educating everyone to steer in the same direction as you are spinning.
He just did not get the logic of counter steering. driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 16 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Also had some fun with the teacher who was educating everyone to steer in the same direction as you are spinning.

Actually, it's look where you want to go, not where you're heading/spinning.
Your hand (and steering) will follow your eyes.

Meaning, if you concentrate on that one damn tree on the side of the road, guess what you'll be hitting?
popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 16 2011, 09:16 PM) *

Meaning, if you concentrate on that one damn tree on the side of the road, guess what you'll be hitting?
popcorn[1].gif

The tree, right? Was I right? confused24.gif Hell I've been to traffic school many times. I know all that stuff. smoke.gif
VegasRacer
smilie_flagge24.gif 5 things I learned -

1.) You can make a left turn into any lane, not just the far left lane on a multiple lane street.
2.) If you are under 18 you can not use a cell phone when operating a motor vehicle, even with a hands free device.
3.) You can only have 2 extra driving lights added to the front of your vehicle.
4.) I can not smoke in my car if there is a minor as a passenger.
5.) The California Highway Patrol has a perfect hidden ambush laser radar trap in the passing zone on Hwy 154 going up to Lake Cachuma.
You can't see the cut-out in the back side of the rock going up the hill around the curve.

The trooper could not see traffic coming up the hill from his location until the cars past him.
I expect the smile on his face was as big as mine was with the sweet sound of my flat six winding north of 5K as I came up the hill. drooley.gif
Elliot Cannon
1. Turning right you MUST turn into the right lane only.

2. You CAN change lanes in the middle of an intersection.

3. You CANNOT drive into the crosswalk until the pain-in-the-ass pedestrians step up on the curb on the other side of the intersection.

4. Even though your' driving record is sealed, it CAN be accessed by the FBI and the Secret Service. (Don't ask).

5. No drinking within 50 feet of the aircraft.

6. You CANNOT under any circumstances change clothes while driving under the influence of a phsycadelic drug wearing sunglasses.

7. If the car in front of you starts to spin and there is no where to go, "both feet in".

8. It is illegal to drive into the ocean until one hour after eating.

9. You must come to a complete stop at a stop sign before reaching the broad white line before you ease out to see what's coming.

10. You must signal for a turn 200 feet before the turn and if you are over 80 double check that the turn signal has canceled before someone shoots your ass.

Anyone else been to driving school with useful knowledge gained therein?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 16 2011, 09:16 PM) *

He just did not get the logic of counter steering. :driving-girl:

:popcorn:

He was so headstrong on making his point, I wished him well and looked forward to seeing his car at pick a part !
VegasRacer
6.) You can legally drive on the sidewalk driving-girl.gif but only when coming out of an alley or driveway.
7.) 70% of disabled cars on the side of the highway are out of gas. chair.gif
8.) All the on-line schools have extra fees - ID verification, certificate mailing, video upgrades... sheeplove.gif
9.) The Comedy Traffic School is not really very funny. It wasn't that bad either. Thanks Captain. beerchug.gif
10.) Taking what seem to be the perfect hole shot to get around 4 cars can be expensive. pain30.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 20 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Mueller was saying you now need to go take a test in front of a notary now. Anyone run in to this?

* See lesson learned # 8 .
Going to a notary is one way you can ID verify with an on-line or home study course.

I found it easier to pay the extra fee and answer a couple of simple personal questions to prove it was me taking the test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.