Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ellsey slightly injured in 914 turbo carrera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Last night Karl mentioned to me that he had pulled a groin as he experienced the
G's encountered during a WOT acceleration test well into 5th in the 914 Turbo Carrera.

Karl and I took a road trip to check out the progress of Paul Borks 914 GT project which is shaping up beautifully, a very skilled restoration with a V6 conversion.

http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/project_914.html

Before we left on our excursion I further restricted my oil line feeding the turbo with a .20 nitrous injector nozzle to try and eliminate oil blowing past the turbos seals, " it worked ". I am going to pull of the drain hose today and run it to see how well the oil is flowing out of the turbo. If it has a nice flow I will stick with the restricter and hope a microscopic particle doesn't plug it up.

More to follow I will have the video camera along today.
Phoenix-MN
Thanks for the nice comment, We finally had a chance to meet and I enjoyed talking with you and Karl. As you guys left my daughter said " That sounds like our white car - FAST" burnout.gif
Qarl
Uhh... holy sh!t! Chappy's car is fast.

We went for a spirited drive to see Paul's beautiful 914 and after the first warp acceleration, I found myself bracing against the front floorboard.

After the third blastoff I pulled a groin muscle.

Dude... there is not much to describe the acceleration of the car. It really burns through the gears fast

Think about when you were a kid, and you made "car" sounds pretending like you were driving and shifting..

BrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRR
BrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR
BrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This is Chappy's car...

BrrRRRRR!
BrrRRRRR!
BrrRRRRR!

It really smokes through the tranny!
rick 918-S
Hi guys! Were going to have to have a "MN Meeting of the Big Guns"

Sorry Quarl, I'm LMFAO at your expense happy11.gif I've heard chappy's car run! You didn't stand a chance. ohmy.gif driving.gif
Dave-O
Can the "little 4-cylinder guns" show up to watch?

David
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave-O @ Aug 10 2004, 06:10 PM)
Can the "little 4-cylinder guns" show up to watch?

David

Hi Dave! Great meeting you this weekend! YA! You becha! I'm a little broke down now. But I'm already working on the problem. Maybe we car get together again before fall! wavey.gif
Dave-O
Rick, It was great meeting you and your wife as well. I'll have my car in the cities for a couple more months. We may never live up to those SMOG guys but our rag-tag group could have some fun! beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave-O @ Aug 10 2004, 07:17 PM)
Rick, It was great meeting you and your wife as well. I'll have my car in the cities for a couple more months. We may never live up to those SMOG guys but our rag-tag group could have some fun! beerchug.gif

Ya I know wat you mean. Man those SMOG guy's have some nice iron! lots of 6ers! Great group! I can't wait til next year!

I'm going to pull my pump tomorrow night and cut open the oil filter to look for metal. I have a friend that has a 928 motor in pieces. I'm going to see if he will loan me his pump so I can reinstall the belt and take a compression reading. If I didn't bend any valves I'm installing a pump and running the car til fall. Keep your fingers crossed.

We'll have to see if Qarl will come back up after his groin heals! lol2.gif
Hawk
Hey Rich and David-
You guys are great, what a show of long distance stamina.
But you are now part of the SMOG gang!
I left you color keyed SMOG window stickers and we will add you to our email list for news and events. Dont forget the Christmas party this year biggrin.gif
Qarl
Check out chappy's through-the hood fueling...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Hawk @ Aug 11 2004, 03:26 AM)
Hey Rich and David-
You guys are great, what a show of long distance stamina.
But you are now part of the SMOG gang!
I left you color keyed SMOG window stickers and we will add you to our email list for news and events. Dont forget the Christmas party this year biggrin.gif

Ya! And we have a coool official S.M.O.G MWC "04" tote bag sponsored by G.V.L. Landscaping! Thanks Andre! Coool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.