Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF...... ummmmm....... yea...... ok
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Ok..... the sad part is that this car looks like it may not be in too bad of shape............ untill they "flared" the rear fenders (dented), and installed a rear spoiler that would appear to actually push the rear of the car up toward the sky.

Is it bad that I actually felt a little bit of anger when I saw this ad?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6430
machina
Looks like a matchbox toy car with those wheels.

dr
Joe Bob
Aren't those chebby wheels off of a Camaro? Bet it has adapters..... barf.gif
GWN7
Worst part it has 24 bids
i love porsche
fugly wheels
Root_Werks
Yeah, this is your typical Honduh attitude of put as much crap on the car as you can becuase it makes it look cool. wacko.gif Rear body lift? Maybe it was some sort of attempt for an automatic rear trunk opening device at speeds greater than 50mph?
opera guy
going 4x'ing with these? i dont know if this car is flared, doesnt look like it to me. seems like he's trying to avoid doing flares by raising the car UP.

perhaps thats why his rear spoiler is mounted to LIFT the car UP. <_<
Chris H.
I agree mikez, those rims probably have adapters. Really thick ones. Look how far outside the fenders they stick out in the rear. One good bump and there could be trouble.
Howard
You guys are harsh. If it's not a rustbucket, someone could throw in some time and a few bucks and make a nice driver. Or I could buy it, continue the 4X4 theme with monster truck tires completely outside the wheel wells, an entry ladder, skid plate, etc. Take that croozin' Friday night biggrin.gif
Here's the idea:
GaroldShaffer
I didn't know that you could get a AWD Vette in the 80's blink.gif wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
well at least they didn't do this to it..... headbang.gif
sgomes
lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

It looks like it got a bad boob job!!! chairfall.gif
Eric Taylor
look at the other pictures on yahoo. He's deffinatly a Chebby guy. Should have just bought a v8 conversion car.
Eric
thomasotten
We need a section where we can post pics of to vote for "Most Hacked 914 Ever". Those pics make Rice Burners look refined.
p914
That is a rare 914 RE.
Rally Edition for off road. calvin.gif stones.gif ninja.gif zorro.gif dance.gif hide.gif spam.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Aug 10 2004, 11:01 AM)
well at least they didn't do this to it..... headbang.gif

Dear God! What the He... is that?!? huh.gif Somebody grab the sawsall! sawzall-smiley.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Aug 10 2004, 11:01 AM)
well at least they didn't do this to it.....  

Dear God! What the He... is that?!?  Somebody grab the sawsall!  

Sad part is someone spent a lot of time working on that. It was for sale in the Chicago area this past spring but I never got a chance to go look at it. I wish I could have, I know I would have bought it just for the WTF factor.
mightyohm
You guys didn't read the ad. He said the fenders got flared from the wheels being too big. I read that as the tires whack the fenders when he goes over speed bumps, hence the dents.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Aug 10 2004, 12:07 PM)
You guys didn't read the ad. He said the fenders got flared from the wheels being too big. I read that as the tires whack the fenders when he goes over speed bumps, hence the dents.

You're right..... it does say that.

Kinda makes you wonder why he didn't throw the original wheels back on there. Hmmm
Verruckt
That car is downright concours compared to this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...9&category=6430

Read the description, its a riot!!!
Eric Taylor
hey that's pretty funny. Factory installed alarm. I would love to see the clickers. But honestly that is one of the better looking (from 10 feet) uses of that body kit, usually I hate it but that dosn't look so bad. Oh well probably just a bondo's piece of crap.
Eric
Garland
WOW! It looks like the pictures are taken from far away. I think he did not want to be seen to near the thing.
Meredith
He really couldn't have taken any better pictures than those? Maybe the shadows from the trees are hiding dents or something...

But I DO like the color. Yellow = fast, right? wink.gif

Mer
skline
This is a very clean CUSTOM Porsche 914, ONLY 77,000 miles. Gorgeous car, extremely RARE!!!! No door handles, has remote control door opener, factory installed alarm, and custom built at Porche dealership. Has a 2.0 Litre engine, 5-speed transmission, RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT. No Rust. Excellent car all the way around. Has a Clean Corrected (Custom) title. VERY DEPENDABLE CAR!

Corrected Custom title? Factory installed alarm? Built at Porsche dealership? This guy is very misled.
Steve Thacker
They took the pics from a distance to probably hide a badly installed Rayco kit. They are a long drawn out bitch to get them "perfect".
Part Pricer
Hmm...

Current car on ebay:
Part Pricer
Seller bought this on ebay at the beginning of May:
Meredith
Is that seriously the same car?

That explains the blurry, badly taken pictures...

Trying to hide some details, perhaps?

Mer
Ferg
does not seem to be the same car, front bumper area is different, side scoupe and rear wing are different as well.
Ferg.
Steve Thacker
That is most certainly not the same car. That looks like some "sort of" chalon kit /update.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.