Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel pistons ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
That's for Diesel engines... but I found it cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstZJkwWhLI
J P Stein
Odd, but I have total confidence in Malhe.....so do rhe F1 guys. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
That was badass! Perfect music for reciprocating parts.
orange914
Thats the 1.9 TDI... I wonder if those are produced for the earlier 1.6 TD and what does it mean by high speed diesel? Higher RPM's than stock? They (1.6) already spins 5300 RPM redline stock I beleive.
Richard Casto
I am not a diesel expert, but I read somewhere that they have been using steel pistons on large diesel trucks for awhile. And recently they have made their way into the LMP diesel racing engines (Peugeot I think).

Richard
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 21 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Thats the 1.9 TDI... I wonder if those are produced for the earlier 1.6 TD and what does it mean by high speed diesel? Higher RPM's than stock? They (1.6) already spins 5300 RPM redline stock I beleive.

Most diesels are classified by speed: <2000rpm = low, >2000rpm = high
orange914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 21 2011, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 21 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Most diesels are classified by speed: <2000rpm = low, >2000rpm = high

So do these free up any H.P. and/or alter rev. limit? I wonder if the shorter skirts could have effect on piston slap under the 22:1 compression... it does have 10% less side force though from the longer rods
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.