Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hmmmm... too much/ too "new" for a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Love these wheels! Not sure on a 914 though.

Pop just picked up a new car. These are his Christmas present (they are running snows). I just stole them from a guy on our local craiglist with under 500 miles on them. They litterally look brand new. I am kinda digging them on the 914. Obviously that would open a completey new can of worms (and I am not done done eating the first can yet).
TurbOH Brad
Keep them without center caps, and I think they would look great! They have a mechanical or industrial look to them that way....

(then again, maybe I'm on crack).
Andyrew
No they look great!

I like it when the 914 gets modern touches. smile.gif
McMark
Aren't those 19"?
Scott S
yep - 19x8 and 19x11......

I think putting them on the car must include cutting the springs and filling the trunk(s) with subwoofers.....
Socalandy
love those wheels, Mount it and let us see it on the car cool_shades.gif
rnellums
Do It!
brant
too heavy
seriously... they are going to weigh 20lbs per a corner more than stock
your effecting the spring rates, the ride, the acceleration, etc...

form does not follow function
if you want 19's find some racing wheels that are light, rather than wheels that were built to carry a 3500lb+ vehicle.

sorry... just my 2cents.
JmuRiz
+1, just too big and heavy for a 914.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 21 2011, 02:13 PM) *

too heavy
seriously... they are going to weigh 20lbs per a corner more than stock
your effecting the spring rates, the ride, the acceleration, etc...

form does not follow function
if you want 19's find some racing wheels that are light, rather than wheels that were built to carry a 3500lb+ vehicle.

sorry... just my 2cents.

The average 996 Carrera 2 was less than 3000 pounds. However, your point still carries weight... laugh.gif sunglasses.gif
Scott S
I dont think either wheel (the 8 or the 11 - especially the 11) would even come close to fitting the car. They are really tall. Yep, they are also heavy too. Even with a set of the Girots tire bags, they were a pain to get up the ladder and on the shelf. I do like the way they look. If I ever get a boxter, that is the wheel for me.

The stock wheel on the car is very cool too. It looks like a panasport. Here is a pic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.