Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone in Bay Area help this guy out on his Dad's 914-6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Hey folks in the SF Bay Area, I just saw this Bay Area CL ad for a 916-6 from a guy who just lost his Dad. I left a message for him that the car is worth far more, and to look at club & world for help, as I don't think that grief & lack of knowledge should cause him to lose out big time on this car.

But perhaps somebody closer to him & familiar with 914-6's can help him out with a fair price to offer?

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=296680

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Michael N
I call bs.gif !!!

That is Cairo94507's car. Michael bought it from a guy in Boulder Creek a few years ago. Why would people take time to list something like this? Listed on Reno's Craigslist for a car in Bay Area??? screwy.gif

This is from the VIN database:

Original California car. In the early 70's the original owner had a color change done from the original Gold to Black. In the early 80's the next owner had the 2.0 six replaced with a 3.0 SC motor with webers.

I am seeking to locate the original Engine # 6414135 and transaxle # 7510362.

The car is otherwise all there and in good shape. I drove it before I bought it. Some small rust spots on the tops of the front fenders but the floorpan, longs, trunks, and hell-hole seem fine. The cars has 89,651 miles on the odometer and I found a detailed gasoline/mileage/date logbook in the glove compartment which runs through 2001 when the owner says he pretty much stopped driving the car regularly, parked and covered it.

The car came with the owner's manuel, service manuel, service history book and original radio manuel. Unfortunately it did not come with the original radio. The original fog lights came with the car and the wiring is still present.

Click to view attachment

I spend too much time on this forum to know this by seeing the pictures from when the car was first listed and purchased.
Tom_T
So Michael, am I just worrying about a CL scammer here?
... or is it a real deal?

I didn't see a VIN to check on the data base here, but didn't want somebody who just lost their Dad to get "bagged" by selling it cheap, having been through other similar stuff when we lost our Dad in 08.
TheCabinetmaker
Had it painted black to match his soul? Doesn't sound like he is grieving too much.
Mike Bellis
Too late... I just bought it... Mint condition 914-6... I talked him down to $650 because the ash tray was dirty...

. bs.gif
sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 21 2011, 01:47 PM) *
That is Cairo94507's car.

I saw him post yesterday. Did anyone let him know he's dead? confused24.gif
Tom_T
Ok then, I won't worry about it. Just trying to be a good guy! dry.gif
McMark
JRust contacted them. Apparently some asshat made the post with someone elses phone number as a sheeplove.gif
Cairo94507
I am sorry to report that rumors of my death were premature piratenanner.gif .

I am alive and well and will never sell my six. You guys had my back and I was alerted to the posting and alerted Craig's List to remove the add and send the Men in Black over to beat the guy's butt.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 21 2011, 07:24 PM) *

I am sorry to report that rumors of my death were premature piratenanner.gif .

I am alive and well and will never sell my six. You guys had my back and I was alerted to the posting and alerted Craig's List to remove the add and send the Men in Black over to beat the guy's butt.

type.gif type.gif type.gif type.gif

I'm seeing spamming pick up for the holidays.... keep your wallet protected.
scotty b
dry.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 22 2011, 09:43 AM) *

dry.gif

idea.gif Now what was it he said again . . .
moparrob
Who is that, Barnum?
JRust
Yeah I have the number for the dip$hit who posted it. Guy I was calling about it knew who had done it. He told me to call him & tell him how much trouble he had caused. Nice guy I talked to with the number in the add. He was kind of blown away by the whole thing. He apologized for the whole thing even though his only crime was letting the other dip$hit have his number. I'd have gone over there & slap.gif him silly
Tom_T
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 22 2011, 01:55 PM) *

Yeah I have the number for the dip$hit who posted it. Guy I was calling about it knew who had done it. He told me to call him & tell him how much trouble he had caused. Nice guy I talked to with the number in the add. He was kind of blown away by the whole thing. He apologized for the whole thing even though his only crime was letting the other dip$hit have his number. I'd have gone over there & slap.gif him silly

Good job Jaimie, hopefully somebody reads the riot act to the "dip$hit"!
... with friends like that, who needs enemies! .... as they say! dry.gif
balljoint
Tom,

I think you should call him. You went out of your way to help a stranger and made a phone call already. You deserve the chance to give this guy a piece of your mind. Not that you want to throw good time after bad, but it might make you feel better even if you only get to berate an answering machine.

smile.gif

You don't really even have to shout about 914s, just talk to him about rugby for a bit. wink.gif poke.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(balljoint @ Nov 23 2011, 01:34 PM) *

Tom,

I think you should call him. You went out of your way to help a stranger and made a phone call already. You deserve the chance to give this guy a piece of your mind. Not that you want to throw good time after bad, but it might make you feel better even if you only get to berate an answering machine.

smile.gif

You don't really even have to shout about 914s, just talk to him about rugby for a bit. wink.gif poke.gif

Naw, I'll save that for you Dave....call me sometime....wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....well you know the Monty Python bit! poke.gif biggrin.gif

I'm not sure where that whole fake ad thing was going - if it was a buddy-to-buddy prank, a scammer, or just a dork-wad being a bootyshake.gif !

There was this odd taunting post in reply in 914club's CL ads, so the scammer doesn't sound too bad about doing it!
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=296935

Reading that one, I wonder if "Ginger Girl" even into 914s or a member, or just the guy with the phone number's angry Ex!!?? confused24.gif laugh.gif

Jeez - hackers, scammers & spammers, etc. should all be dealt with frontier justice, then they'd stop if they can't hide behind their type.gif !! dry.gif
Tom_T
Here it is for those who don't want to mess with links, & since the CL ad was deleted ....

<snipped>
1970 porsche 914/6 (Bolder Geek)

post Nov 23 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #1

Cheers

Queers

" Thankyou "

1000 was just a hook , thank u fish

My dad was very please dddd . With the great responce. Black souled" ass hatt"

... lol

xoxo

Happy turkey day .

some then to goble about ,

Ginger Girl
<end snip>

Doofus! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.