Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F*cking Vendors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I ordered my P/C along with Pushrod tubes & Seals and waited and waited and waited. Well I filed a complaint with PayPal and that made them ship the P/C. But they didn't send the Pushrod tubes and seals.

We've been emailing a bit, basically me telling them I wanted my parts and them replying that they were dropshipped. Whatever....

Here's a snippet of the last email that "hopefully" will get the parts to me...

Them
We require our customers to call or give me your phone number. We get 500 emails a day and our staff is dedicated to sales. Problems are handled by phone.

Me
I require my vendors to send me the parts that I paid for over a month ago.
we all have requirements.

He must not have liked that response, but they did call me. He found my # somewhere and called. Maybe being a smartass is a good thing biggrin.gif
Pnambic
Awww, Sean, since when have you been a smartass? wink.gif rolleyes.gif
GaroldShaffer
You sure your name isn't Guido wink.gif

beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Jeez... I sure hope that wasn't us!! sad.gif It would disturb me greatly if things had deteriorated that far with the Bird.

--DD
seanery
Negative. No one here.

German Parts Wholesale.
Eric_Ciampa
I don't understand why customer service is so hard for some people/buisnesses slap.gif That sucks. that is one negative thing about the internet, you can't walk down their and throughly explain the problem smash.gif
Dave_Darling
Damn, GPR is one of the Good Guys!! I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say something less than etirely positive about them. sad.gif

--DD
seanery
not GPR!

German Parts WHOLESALE

GPR is fine biggrin.gif

This company basically sells it cheap because they don't stock ANYTHING! It's all dropshipped, so they have no overhead. You know what they say "You get what you pay for!" well I got no customer service, which is why they were so cheap headbang.gif
Steve
I just ordered two parts for my 9 eleben off the bird site.
I was very impressed with the on line ordering process.
I was more impressed that the parts were cheaper than Performance products or Stoddard.

Steve
campbellcj
FWIW, unfortunately that is about how most of my last (and I mean last) few Bird orders transpired. No need or desire to rant at this point, but suffice it to say that if you need your parts in a hurry, take care who you order from and be sure you get a ship date commitment at order time. And may god help you if you ever need a return/refund.
grantsfo
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 10 2004, 08:38 PM)
FWIW, unfortunately that is about how most of my last (and I mean last) few Bird orders transpired. No need or desire to rant at this point, but suffice it to say that if you need your parts in a hurry, take care who you order from and be sure you get a ship date commitment at order time. And may god help you if you ever need a return/refund.

Are you talking Southern California Sea Bird? I have had nothing but good expereinces with them. Hope things arent changing?
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 10 2004, 03:04 PM)
"You get what you pay for!" well I got no customer service, which is why they were so cheap headbang.gif

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that having someone you can call to find out about your order, and maybe technical advice if you need it, is worth a few extra dollars? So if you don't mind saying, how much did you spend and save?

Inquiring minds want to know!

PK cool.gif
Joe Bob
Never heard of GP Wholesale......

Dave at GPR found me the 356 C torsion bars I was hunting for...hopefully they will be the "right" ones..... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.