Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Really, Really, Really Famous Person is a Skydiver.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Series9
I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say that this person is one of the top ten most recognizable names in the world.

Here are you clues:

A male who arrives in his own Falcon 2000.

This is what a Falcon 2000 looks like, but it's not his:

mepstein
Travolta?
markb
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 21 2011, 03:50 PM) *

Travolta?

agree.gif
poorsche914
Trump?
Series9
No one yet.

Another clue: He's not the pilot of the Falcon.
SLITS
John Denver
Series9
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 21 2011, 06:57 PM) *

John Denver

And he doesn't pilot anything anymore.... chair.gif
Scott S
Jon Bon Jovi.

No - wait....

Chaz Bono.

Art Garfunkle?

I have a question... being that he has is own plane, why cant he just open a door and jump out?
Scott S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 21 2011, 04:57 PM) *

John Denver

HA!!
lol-2.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 21 2011, 07:00 PM) *

Jon Bon Jovi.

No - wait....

Chaz Bono.

I have a question... being that he has is own plane, why cant he just open a door and jump out?

No and no.

That aircraft has what we would call a bad door location relative to engine intake position....
Series9

He's my age.........42.
r_towle
tom cruiz?
Series9
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 21 2011, 07:04 PM) *

tom cruiz?

No, but he did make a jump at our DZ during the filming of "Days of Thunder".

Next clue: Not an actor.
Dr Evil
Politician, sports figure, or rich guy?
Series9
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 21 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Politician, sports figure, or rich guy?

Sports figure.
Socalandy
Michael Jordan? if I had the tail #s I'd be sure

N236MJ
Series9
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Nov 21 2011, 07:20 PM) *

Michael Jordan? if I had the tail #s I'd be sure

N236MJ

No.

That's why I'm reserving the picture of the actual aircraft for later. The tail number is his name.

Next clue: Not American
andys
"The most interesting man in the world"
kevin311
Michael schumacher? confused24.gif
Series9
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Nov 21 2011, 07:27 PM) *

Michael schumacher? confused24.gif

We have a winner:

Pablo Montoya??

It was a racer type....
URY914
MS? Must provide picture or this is bullshit.
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 08:02 PM) *

MS? Must provide picture or this is bullshit.

It's not bullshit. He finished his second visit in two months today.

On his first visit, quite a few people got pictures with him. I almost got one of him in the cockpit with me, but the photographer in the back got distracted and forgot.

Anyway, we decided to try to leave him alone so he could enjoy his time off. We also decided to only talk about him being here after he has gone. We don't want to run the risk of a bunch of people showing up and ruining his vacation time.

He'll be back. Maybe I'll get a picture then, but you won't hear about it until he's gone.
scotty b
If you ever take O.J. up could you please " forget " something on the chute ? Pretty sure it would never get looked into beerchug.gif
Series9
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 21 2011, 08:17 PM) *

If you ever take O.J. up could you please " forget " something on the chute ? Pretty sure it would never get looked into beerchug.gif

I think he's staying at the "Residence Inn" in Vegas for another twenty, or so.

bootyshake.gif
URY914
Where does MS stay when in DeLand? Holiday Inn Express?
Lou W
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 21 2011, 06:03 PM) *

He's my age.........42.

Damn he's old

happy11.gif
tscrihfield
I work for the company that builds the Anti lock braking system for that Jet. I also have built the braking system for that exact Jet!

To date that is a very low number jet. The Embraer Phenom is a better choice for a personal jet IMHO... The falcon is too large... But if you got the $$$ what the heck...
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Where does MS stay when in DeLand? Holiday Inn Express?

I was wondering that myself. I don't know, but I would bet he rents a big vacation rental house on the St. Johns river, or something like that.

I can tell you that when he's at the DZ, he rents what we call a team room. It's a pretty basic arrangement, but it keeps him and his people away from the general public. Surprisingly, he only has a couple of people with him and no one that looks like a body guard. At the DZ, he's away from the general public, but any staff member or regular skydiver could easily walk back to his team room and talk to him.

During the day, if it's not too busy, he actually goes in the restaurant and gets his own food. I remember the first time he was here, he told me that he was surprised anyone in this part of the world would know who he is. lol-2.gif

He seems pretty nice and has made small talk with me several times on the ground and in the airplane.

One funny thing, if you ask for a picture with him, he asks "is this for your personal use?" If you say yes, he's happy to do it. When the photographer who was supposed to get the picture of him in the cockpit with me forgot, he came to me after the flight and asked what happened. I just told him the guy forgot, but that we'd leave him alone to have fun.
racerbvd
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 21 2011, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 21 2011, 08:17 PM) *

bootyshake.gif

idea.gif Oh yeah I forgot about that episode aktion035.gif
URY914
Pretty damn cool Joe.
Cap'n Krusty
WTF cares? Why isn't this in the sandbox?

The Cap'n
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Pretty damn cool Joe.

I read the skepticism in your replies, but I'm not a bullshitter about stuff like this.

When he was first here, I kept thinking that it couldn't really be him.

It's really him. By far, the biggest celebrity I've met. Are there many more famous?
Series9
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 21 2011, 09:14 PM) *

The Cap'n

It's car related.....
URY914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 21 2011, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Pretty damn cool Joe.

I read the skepticism in your replies, but I'm not a bullshitter about stuff like this.

When he was first here, I kept thinking that it couldn't really be him.

It's really him. By far, the biggest celebrity I've met. Are there many more famous?

No Joe, I do believe you. No skepticism here.
JmuRiz
Very cool!
Guess he's trying to relax before Brazil.

I knew he was into rodeo and stuff like that, I never would have thought of skydiving. I'd love to run into him someday, he seems so down to earth.
Madswede
Casey Guinn and Sean Betty will crap their pants when I tell them this. Actually, if Sean ever found out he'd probably drive down there and camp on the DZ until he met him. He'd probably be tolerable unless he's had something to drink ... then we'd have to physically restrain him lol-2.gif (sorry inside joke there)

Anyway, that's very cool! Hope to meet him when I'm there but I couldn't get that lucky. Hell of a lot better flying Michael Schumacher than Shirley MacLaine I'd say.
URY914
I hope he doesn't break a hip. So the team lets him do this?
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:32 PM) *

I was wondering about that too. I think if you're MS, you do what you want.
MDG
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:32 PM) *

I remember when Jacques Villeneuve and another driver I forget who (maybe David Coulthard) used to go speed skiing together in Switzerland during down time in the season and the teams tried to stop them. Can't remember who won out in that argument.
URY914
Sounds like we wonder the same things..... sad.gif
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:50 PM) *

Sounds like we wonder the same things..... sad.gif

That's a bad thing?
bigkensteele
I thought that he had a 737. Maybe he downsized in his old age lol-2.gif
andys
A Really, Really, Really Famous Person is a Skydiver...........

MS doesn't quite fall into the "3 really's" catagory, I mean really.

Andys
Eric_Shea

I stay at the Residence's Inn there. He's staying at the Dissidents Inn.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 21 2011, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 21 2011, 09:14 PM) *

The Cap'n

It's car related.....

Oh? Airplanes, reallys, a guy who drives (well, a kinda washed up guy who drives), skydiving, and you. Where's the cars?

The Cap'n
AndyB
WTF.gif
Funny how this topic is still going in the Garage. Wow this has a lot to do with cars. Oh wait thats right it doesnt. But I guess it all depends on which admin agrees or disagrees with the origional thread starter.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 21 2011, 09:04 PM) *

During the day, if it's not too busy, he actually goes in the restaurant and gets his own food. I remember the first time he was here, he told me that he was surprised anyone in this part of the world would know who he is. lol-2.gif

laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice plane. Bet he wishes he had a 914 up on jackstands in his huge garage. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.