Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on The Samba
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Socalandy
My buddy, The same guy working on my -6 is interested and has the skills to fix her but wondering if anyone has seen it up close? as advertised or worse. worth anything or RUN Forest RUN

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1187157

carr914
That's Byron - it's in the Classifieds Ask him about Trades poke.gif
SLITS
Nothing that a completely new body, new engine, new trans, new interior, new yada yada yada won't fix.

There are Flintstone cars and then there is this one .... Yaba Daba Do ...............
r_towle
I offered....but he never responded.
It was not a terribly lowball offer...but its not what he was asking.

I think 4k is the right number...but that is my opinion based upon how much I think it would cost to restore the car.

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 21 2011, 04:46 PM) *
I think 4k is the right number...but that is my opinion based upon how much I think it would cost to restore the car.

agree.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 21 2011, 05:46 PM) *

I offered....but he never responded.
It was not a terribly lowball offer...but its not what he was asking.

Rich

Sorry Rich, but I disagree, yes it is rough, but others here have paid more for less and restored them, plus, all the hardest to find, most expensive, 914-6 parts are there, look at how hard it is to find the correct rear brake calipers, the correct tail shift tranny, the 914-6 only Webers, factory headers. None of that stuff is easy to find, nor is any of it cheap, plus, it is an actual matching numbers car with the dealer card. If it doesn't sell for my price, It will be stored until I get around to it. Right now, my othe matching numbers 914-6 is getting close to being finished, my Man Cave is finished, now if my Dang back would start working I would be OK..
Click to view attachment
BK911
You never pay too much, you just buy too soon. In a couple of years, I bet some of us will regret not picking this thing up.

Dropping an additional $2k off the asking price is HUGE.
Spending an additional $2k on a $30k+ restoration is relatively small.

Drums66
QUOTE(BK911 @ Nov 21 2011, 06:06 PM) *

You never pay too much, you just buy too soon. In a couple of years, I bet some of us will regret not picking this thing up.

Dropping an additional $2k off the asking price is HUGE.
Spending an additional $2k on a $30k+ restoration is relatively small.

......Kind of my thoughts! idea.gif shades.gif
bye1.gif driving.gif
I have to give it too those that have the perseverance , time and buckets of $ to bring some of these projects back....
Series9
Let's look at it this way:

I offered you 60 hours of labor in trade for the car. Yes, those hours are worth $4500 today, but if you hold on to them for 5 years, I'm sure those very same hours will be worth at least $6000......smile.gif
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 22 2011, 05:38 PM) *

Let's look at it this way:

I offered you 60 hours of labor in trade for the car. Yes, those hours are worth $4500 today, but if you hold on to them for 5 years, I'm sure those very same hours will be worth at least $6000......smile.gif

TRADE biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.