Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to Drink an Icy Cold Coca-Cola
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Floyd left us 5 years ago today sad.gif
So join me in a toast (Floyd loved Classic Coke) I lost much more than a friend when he left..

Floyd Edward English
Floyd Edward English -IDEAL, GA - Floyd Edward English, 60, of Ideal, Georgia passed away November 22, 2006 at his residence. FVisitation will be Sunday, November 26 from 6:00 until 8:00 P.M. at funeral home. -He is the son of Marjorie "Polly" Raburn of Ideal and the late Floyd English. -Mr. English was retired from the United States Navy where he attained the rank of Commander. He saw action in both the Vietnam and Gulf Wars. He won numerous medals and citations during his career including Bronze Star, Navy Commendation Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal and the Kuwait Liberation Medal. -Survivors are his wife Carol Howell English of Ideal; one son Edward Alan English of Jacksonville, FL; brother Mark English of Forsyth, GA; two sisters, Margie Boyd of Aiken, SC and Joy Maffett of Montezuma, GA; two grandchildren, Elizabeth Hope English and Garver Locke English of Jacksonville, FL. -Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. -Watson-Mathews Funeral Home, Montezuma, GA has charge of funeral arrangements.

Heres to you Buddy...
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Don't know how to respond so I cracked a open a Coke.
racerbvd
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 22 2011, 05:16 PM) *

Don't know how to respond so I cracked a open a Coke.

Thanks... beer3.gif
bandjoey
For us latecomers...tell us a little more and why he's on World...Much Thanks. I'll get a coke tomorrow just cause of his meritorious military service!
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Good people live on....
racerbvd
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 22 2011, 06:47 PM) *

For us latecomers...tell us a little more and why he's on World...Much Thanks. I'll get a coke tomorrow just cause of his meritorious military service!

Floyd was Porsche guy who, like Phil in Jax, was a very good friend of mine, and Mentor, who was the 2nd owner of the White 914 in my profile picture, he also really stepped up when my father passed and I was going through a really rough time. Floyd loved to tinker, modify, and improve his cars and was always willing to help anyone. So, as a car guy who at one time owned 5 Porsches (76 911 with 3.2, 944, two 924Ss and the 914, his 1st Porsche, all WHITE) someone who offered fatherly advise and sometime a swift kick in the butt, and was a great Friend, as anyone who knew him could tell you. He also had TONS of Porsche parts, pretty much extras of everything (he also loved 928 Flat wheels, I counted right around 60 when I was packing everything up) and was a firm believer in doing that right, no half ass patching. The White 914 was always his favorite, his Wife was very surprised when he had me get the car out of his Garage in FL (they were living in Southern CA at the time) and get it running, drive it around a few months, to make sure it was solid, so I could drive it or to Cali, as he never let her, or anyone drive that car.. As a matter of fact, he once said he would never part with that car, and I jokingly said that he might leave it to me, and he said,
"not even you will get it, I'm leaving that to my Grand Daughter
so when he told me that he wasn't going to do that, and that I needed to take all of his car "Stuff" his shop Click to view attachment

(his Son was never into cars sad.gif ) I was shocked, and it is the one car I own that has someones name on it, cause when I go, his Grand Daughter should be old enough to appreciate it by then.. Until then I will finish rebuilding it the way we started it.Click to view attachment
Madswede
I'm having a coke in his honor. A bit of rum in it too.
FourBlades
Here's a toast to Floyd! beerchug.gif

Sounds like he was a great person and a serious 914 guy.

John
pete-stevers
Byron I am cracking one two.....
pete-stevers
love the burn... of all that sugar and acid goin down...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.