Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT but PC - 917 Hippy car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
They will not be running the 917, but it will be out and opened up. The museum has a lot of great/historic cars. Details below.

The votes are in and the winners of the third "Peoples Choice" Demo Day balloting are: 1970 Porsche 917, 1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe, 1966 Ford GT40, Corvette Grand Sport and the 1958 Ferrari 250 TR.

Since this has been the largest Demo Day event of the year in the past, we are going to have all five cars on display this Saturday, November 26th. We will actually demonstrate the Cobra and the Corvette in the back lot and Dr. Simeone will talk on the rivialty between the two marques in the 1960s. After the demo, all five will be opened up so you can see the interiors and engines.

So, if you're tired of turkey and football, and looking for something fun to do this Saturday, come on down!

Simeone Museum Website
sfrenck
Wow - I live 15 minutes South of this place and work 15 minutes North. Had no idea this museum existed.
mepstein
It's worth the trip!!!
sfrenck
Sheesh - my wife just told me that her mother has known the man that started this museum for a LONG time?!?
sfrenck
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Nov 23 2011, 09:46 AM) *

Sheesh - my wife just told me that her mother has known the man that started this museum for a LONG time?!?

He was at her wedding..... he used to take her for rides in the cars....

WTF.gif

Thanks to Zimms and 914world for letting me find out about family history. Next I'll find out that the museum owner has a 914 collection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.