Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying my third 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Came across a 1976 2.0 with a/c I'm picking up. In the south some a/c would be really nice! I haven't laid eyes on it yet but from the pics looks reasonably "non-rusty". dry.gif

Supposedly, there is something going on with the transmission that the clutch won't disengage. I'm thinking broken clutch cable. At this point who knows?

Anyway, I'm getting it cheap enough and will pick up in two weeks.

This is my third one...I need to stop...seriously! I have no more space.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SUNAB914
Good score. I will add though, I have been through your sickness already and three 914's is too much unless that's all you do. I would think of selling one.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Nov 23 2011, 07:57 AM) *

Good score. I will add though, I have been through your sickness already and three 914's is too much unless that's all you do. I would think of selling one.

I know. I may do that at some point. For now, I am letting myself be overwhelmed!
DRPHIL914

Ha, chris that is why you sold it to me!(#3)
piratenanner.gif
Bill that's great! You must have sold the t-bird you just showed me? You have plenty of room if you park them right
biggrin.gif

And I might add I am jealous! For the a/c. I almost came home this week with a 20002 jag xkr! (For 10k no less!) You have the sickness and there is no cure!!!!
Chris, don't sell that white one without calling me

Phil
JawjaPorsche
Three Teeners! Wow, you must have it bad! Nice score! I live in the south too but A/C is too much for my 1.7 engine. Besides, that is why the top comes off!

billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 23 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Ha, chris that is why you sold it to me!(#3)
piratenanner.gif
Bill that's great! You must have sold the t-bird you just showed me? You have plenty of room if you park them right
biggrin.gif

And I might add I am jealous! For the a/c. I almost came home this week with a 20002 jag xkr! (For 10k no less!) You have the sickness and there is no cure!!!!
Chris, don't sell that white one without calling me

Phil

I haven't sold the T-bird yet. I hope it sells this weekend.

The Jag would be nice; but, expensive. I owned one once.....or, maybe, it owned me!
bfrymire
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 23 2011, 04:52 AM) *

Came across a 1976 2.0 with a/c I'm picking up. In the south some a/c would be really nice! I haven't laid eyes on it yet but from the pics looks reasonably "non-rusty". dry.gif

Supposedly, there is something going on with the transmission that the clutch won't disengage. I'm thinking broken clutch cable. At this point who knows?

Anyway, I'm getting it cheap enough and will pick up in two weeks.

This is my third one...I need to stop...seriously! I have no more space.

Sometimes when the car sits for a long time, the cliutch siezes to the flywheel. The only sure way to free it, is to drop the tranny. But check evertthing else first. smile.gif

Hope that helps.
SirAndy
Clutch tube broken lose? idea.gif
Tom_T
agree.gif .... check at the firewall & in the tunnel forward/left of the shifter - 2 most common places, & a common 914 malady.

Nice 914!

I especially like the pix since my 73 2L is going back to it's original L80E & Beige interior! biggrin.gif
billh1963
Thank you for the list of things to look for. The seller is a student and doesn't have the funds to repair or restore it. I'll keep everyone posted!
markb
It's really only a "problem" after number 5. Then the addiction has gotten a firm hold & you're a goner. I lost count many 914's ago. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.