Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BBS is spamming me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
All of a sudden, I get e-mails whenever anybody posts a new thread. I haven't changed any of my settings and I looked in "My Controls" and I didn't see any "notify me by e-mail anytime anybody starts a new thread" option. WTF??? blink.gif
newdeal2
I have the same problem and my box is not checked
SirAndy
interesting ...

you may have accidentally subscribed to the main forum. maybe clicked on the link on accident.
go to "my controls", then, on the left navigation, under subscriptions, check "View Topics" and "View Forums" to see if there's anything in there.
if so, delete it ...

wink.gif Andy
Gint
Tom also has 2 accounts with the exact same name. Was that your doing Andy? That's wierd. I didn't think a user could register two accounts with the exact same name. One ID number is 42 and the other is 189
Gint
The 189 user id account has been deleted.
Curvie Roadlover
OK, I found out I was "subscribed" to the technical forum. I didn't even know that was possible. I'm unsubscribed now but now there's a new issue. All the little envelopes for new posts since my last visit are grey instead of orange or yellow. Usually when I see that, it's because I need to log in, but I AM logged in confused24.gif
seanery
It's just showing that you've read them all.
Curvie Roadlover
Well it seems to be working on my work computer, but when I checked from home this morning, they were marked as read and they were new posts. I'll have to see when I get home if there's still a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.