Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marmitte supersprint exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
reharvey
This exhaust system is a NOS item that has been sitting around for decades. Thinking of using it on my 73 project and was wondering what it sounds like. Has anyone had this system on their car? Thanks, Ray
reharvey
With so many people on this site and no replies I guess this exhaust system is rarer then I thought. Maybe I'll put it back on the shelf. Ray
jonferns
Do you have a pic of the other side?
kevin311
I think it is pretty rare. I googled it and found Avidfanjpl was saying a few months ago that he would be willing to sell a kidney to find one.
reharvey
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Nov 25 2011, 05:38 PM) *

Do you have a pic of the other side?

Didn't take a pic of the back side. It just has the two flanges with the three bolt holes you'll see on other exhausts. Ray
reharvey
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Nov 25 2011, 06:00 PM) *

I think it is pretty rare. I googled it and found Avidfanjpl was saying a few months ago that he would be willing to sell a kidney to find one.

Made in Italy and NLA for the 914. Ray
a914dude
Resembles a Monza which was a POS. 3 bolt triangle flange is a 75-76 only muffler.
Mark Henry
Marmite either you love it or hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRcU0Ul7tU
Katmanken
Does it weigh about 50 -60 lbs? Looks similar to the one that came on my 1.8. It was rusty as heck and had 3 of the 4 pipes so no testimony as to sound other than LOUD.
reharvey
QUOTE(kwales @ Nov 25 2011, 07:38 PM) *

Does it weigh about 50 -60 lbs? Looks similar to the one that came on my 1.8. It was rusty as heck and had 3 of the 4 pipes so no testimony as to sound other than LOUD.

I didn't weight it but it's nowhere near 50 lb. Someone wanted to see the backside so here it is.
Matt Romanowski
I had one of those on a parts car once. I never ran it, but the guy who did thought it was great.
reharvey
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Nov 26 2011, 09:28 AM) *

I had one of those on a parts car once. I never ran it, but the guy who did thought it was great.

I have a similar exhaust system on my red 74 but it's much heavier with cast iron flanges. It sounds great but I've never been able to find another one exactly lilke it. It's a heavy piece probably weighting 50+ lbs.
EdwardBlume
I had one on a '73 2.0. It was nicer than a Monza slightly but wore out about the same. Keep your treasure in the garage.
reharvey
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 26 2011, 11:55 AM) *

I had one on a '73 2.0. It was nicer than a Monza slightly but wore out about the same. Keep your treasure in the garage.

What did it sound like? I'll be sure to give it a good coat of high temp paint and to keep it dry. Thanks, Ray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.