Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
While in the mist of various other projects, I now have easy access to my clutch. The clutch is fairly new ~11k miles, should I replace now or not?

I have not yet removed the pressure plate, but when I do what wear signs should I look for to help me decide? Is there a minimum thickness on the clutch disk that I can measure?

Would rather not spend the money on a new clutch right now if I don't have to, but I don't want to be pulling the tranny again next month either.

thanks

JR

PS: I am a new member and let me just say this club rocks. Thanks to all the members who have already answer multiple questions for me. beer.gif
Joseph Mills
If you don't have a manual, obtain one. If everything is "normal", you should not need a new clutch disk with only 11k on the new one. But since you have easy access, I would remove it just for a visual inspection. If this "new" clutch was installed by the PO, you can confirm it's condition (as well as the pressure plate & flywheel). If either your engine main seal, or your tranny seal is leaking, this would be a good time to replace them also.

It's easy to remove the pressure plate, but follow your manual's instructions and remember to torque down to specs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.