Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nice score ... and a little funny too
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
within about 5 hrs I won 3 different auctions on eBay:

914 / 914-6 standard horn button in very nice shape - a bargain

Click to view attachment

early 911 / 912 / 914-6 GT horn button including the steering wheel in fair condition; will need some care - a bargain

Click to view attachment

early 911 / 912 butterfly horn button (my personal favourite); needs restoration - not cheap, but bought it anyway ...

Click to view attachment

o.k. - I didn't get them yet, because all 3 will come from the USA (different sellers), but I'm happily looking forward
I hope all the horn buttons match the description and photos ...

now I'm broke, but happy owner of some rare and cool parts biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
I want to pull a mold off an early horn button and make some from fiber glass.

That early 911/912 is way too cool!
jmill
Nice!

I need one of these horn buttons myself.

Cap'n Krusty
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a couple of VW/Porsche horn buttons available for anyone interested in something a little different.

The Cap'n
windforfun
IMO, 914 steering wheels are ugly & too thin. I've kept mine but I don't like it. I'm hell bent on a stock car but the wheel is nothing to write home about. Can anyone recommend a first class wheel that feels & looks like a million bucks? Sorry to highjack this thread if I have.
jmill
QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 25 2011, 07:30 PM) *

IMO, 914 steering wheels are ugly & too thin. I've kept mine but I don't like it. I'm hell bent on a stock car but the wheel is nothing to write home about. Can anyone recommend a first class wheel that feels & looks like a million bucks? Sorry to highjack this thread if I have.

IMHO it doesn't get any better than this.

flipb
QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 25 2011, 08:30 PM) *

I like the look of the stock wheel, but agree that it's too thin. Wonder if I layered 3 or 4 tightly sewed leather grip covers if it'd make it just the right thickness... idea.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 25 2011, 07:27 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Nov 25 2011, 07:30 PM) *

IMHO it doesn't get any better than this.

I disagree...it doesn't get any better than a leather, double wrap stock wheel with the horn button refinished. smile.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
pete000
I am pretty sure they have the Hockey puck hubs in reproduction now as well as the complete double wrapped wheel. Check the Early S Registry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.