Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Just curious, how much should a good X gear cost? I have one I want to sell but want to be fair AND sell it quickly.
'73-914kid
I would like to know as well.... I have one laying around and am in the same situation..
jcambo7
Free will get rid of if the fastest. poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
but a gear known to sell for $400-$500 is not going to go for free poke.gif

I am just looking to find what a fair price is as I know someone who is interested and would like to be sure to be resonable.
'73-914kid
I see a set of X gears sitting on ebay for $160.... still haven't sold..
PlaysWithCars
John, I let mine go last year for $150. Didn't take too long, but I also didn't have a heard of buyers breaking down the door for them.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Nov 25 2011, 04:40 PM) *

I see a set of X gears sitting on ebay for $160.... still haven't sold..

Are they all like new with new syncros?
Cap'n Krusty
What kind of stereo does it have?

The Cap'n
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 25 2011, 04:59 PM) *

What kind of stereo does it have?

The Cap'n

John, stereo?
brant
I think I sold an M, S, X for about 100 a piece
so 125 probably...
certainly not 400
Dr Evil
$400 is carquip pricing and is what a retailer that is a known source can charge as they store them.

I usually sell them for $200 a set, but as mentioned there are sets on ebay that have been less so my prices are always negotiable. Prices for me factor in 3 things:

1) How much it cost me to acquire it from parting out a box (boxes with X gears in them are usually $400-750 so selling them at $100 a set will not cover the cost)

2) Market value - I cant sell squat if someone will sell it for less.

3) How bad I need the $$.

So, $150 is not unreasonable if you want it gone. If you want it gone sooner, sell it for less wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2011, 09:20 AM) *

$400 is carquip pricing and is what a retailer that is a known source can charge as they store them.

I usually sell them for $200 a set, but as mentioned there are sets on ebay that have been less so my prices are always negotiable. Prices for me factor in 3 things:

1) How much it cost me to acquire it from parting out a box (boxes with X gears in them are usually $400-750 so selling them at $100 a set will not cover the cost)

So, $150 is not unreasonable if you want it gone. If you want it gone sooner, sell it for less wink.gif

I was hoping you'd chime in beerchug.gif

How about an H gear? Found one of those sitting here too.
jmill
I bought my MSX gears from the good Dr for $600. The whole set seems to fetch the $200 a piece. One here and there seems to go for a tad less.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Nov 26 2011, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2011, 09:20 AM) *

I was hoping you'd chime in beerchug.gif

How about an H gear? Found one of those sitting here too.

Harder to find, but the prices of these has been dropping as people who have been hoarding them have started selling them off at old school prices. I used to get $350, but some have sold for under $200. Again, it is what the market will bear. I have a gears for sale page in the classifieds if you want more pricing. When I end up selling a gear to one that I am rebuilding a box for, I sell it to them for what I paid for them. So, if I get a deal, you get a deal.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Mike beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.