Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb steering cohlum parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tholman
Hello new to the forum, bought a 914 from a salvage yard that was donated for charity, they lied to me and said the car had original miles.... it did not .. anyways the steering cohlum has been opened up and parts removed so it could be steered without having a key. I need pretty much the ignition lock/w key the housing it sets in and everything from there out to the steering wheel, I have some electrical still there but do not know what kind of shape its in. first 914, have a 70 911e. any help would be appretiated.
914ltd
QUOTE(tholman @ Nov 26 2011, 04:41 AM) *

Hello new to the forum, bought a 914 from a salvage yard that was donated for charity, they lied to me and said the car had original miles.... it did not .. anyways the steering cohlum has been opened up and parts removed so it could be steered without having a key. I need pretty much the ignition lock/w key the housing it sets in and everything from there out to the steering wheel, I have some electrical still there but do not know what kind of shape its in. first 914, have a 70 911e. any help would be appretiated.

Sorry to hear about your mileage problem. It's tough to determine on a 35+ year old car plus these had odometer problems.
You need to post what year since there were 4 different columns: 70 with 12 pin connector, 71 with 14 pin, 72-74 and 75-76. Good luck with your new purchase. Brad
bdstone914
Welcome to 914 World.

I probably have an ignition set with a key depending on the year you need.

Brad is right about the different types by year.

If you are not sure what year it is look at the third digit of the VIN. That is the model year.

Pictures would help too. Them may have damaged or removed more than you realize.

These are great cars but you will probably find a bunch of little parts you will need to make it fully operational. I have about everything and will be glad to help you with what you may need.

Bruce
951 536 7478
naro914
Depending on how long you want to wait, I can sell you the entire column and ignition switch assembly from a 1971 car. I'm going to make it a left hand dash ignition switch this winter and replace the whole column.
tholman
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 26 2011, 09:24 AM) *

Welcome to 914 World.
Bruce, thanks for the welcoming words, the car is a 75 2.0 and seems to be pretty complete. looks like po tried to get it started after sitting for a long time and gave up. Thanks again, love these old porsches
I probably have an ignition set with a key depending on the year you need.

Brad is right about the different types by year.

If you are not sure what year it is look at the third digit of the VIN. That is the model year.

Pictures would help too. Them may have damaged or removed more than you realize.

These are great cars but you will probably find a bunch of little parts you will need to make it fully operational. I have about everything and will be glad to help you with what you may need.

Bruce
951 536 7478

914werke
a quick way to narrow it down: does it have one stalk or two?
If two does it have a metal or plastic housing?
jmmotorsports
I have a complete one with key for a 72.

Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.