Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I did it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
Like the title says, I'm wondering what the best way to tie a christmas tree to the top of a 914 would be.

I'm planning on going to cut a tree down this afternoon, and I'll be in the 914.
jmill
Ask Keanu. blink.gif

dangrouche
tie a rope to beneath the spare tire on tow loop; put a metric bolt in the rear tow eye. use padding wherever the tie down or tree contacts the car surfaces. use a set of bungies for the tree where it crosses over the targa top. take a pic and show us. biggrin.gif
BajaXJ92
agree.gif

Slap it on top, or buy one in a box.

IPB Image
EdwardBlume
Buy an extra top bolt plywood on it to desired length. Drive slowly.... blink.gif
underthetire
Just take the top off and plant it in the passenger seat.
Series9
Did it:

racerbvd
The Stripper Pole doubles as a Festivus pole..

<! :stromberg: ! width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c8g4Ztf7hIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></! :stromberg: !>
914.SBC
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 26 2011, 12:44 PM) *

Did it:

I love your car. Looks great.

Happy Holidays
beerchug.gif
ripper911
Well... I drove all the way to work to get my car today because I've had the work van since thanksgiving, and I forgot to bring the keys for the 914. dry.gif

So I'll be doing this tomorrow. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 26 2011, 02:43 PM) *

The Stripper Pole doubles as a Festivus pole..

<! stromberg.gif ! width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c8g4Ztf7hIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></! stromberg.gif !>

fixed it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM
Tom_T
I did it for many years 75-85! biggrin.gif

To protect from scratches & pine pitch on the paint - I just put a tarp or something in the rear trunk & over the rear fenders & rear wall, put the tree in sideways & folded the tarp down over it, then tied the trunk closed with some string or a long shoelace threaded through the upper & lower latch parts.

Then drive slow & don't get too tall of a tree! biggrin.gif

I also carried my bicycle in there that way, with the front wheel removed for mor compact fir - that is, when I didn't use the bike rack from the under rollbar mounts & trunk pieces.
hot_shoe914
I picked one up in a '72 back in 1991 and I took the top off and stood it in the passenger floorboard with the window up on that side. Use a little rope to keep it off of you. There was snow on the ground and I got so many comments I stopped at Walgreens and bought 3 ornaments and hung them. Worked like a charm.
dlee6204
I stopped at Walgreens and bought 3 ornaments and hung them. Worked like a charm.

lol-2.gif
ripper911
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
santa_smiley.gif
ripper911
I ended up stopping and adding a string from the lower branches around the front tits to keep the tree from moving back too much.
ripper911
IPB Image

and here is the car hiding behind some of the christmas trees.
smoke.gif
tscrihfield
Absolutely awesome! Can't say I have laughed this hard today! I have to say it though... "drive faster, I think I hear banjo music." lol-2.gif
jt914-6
Ripper.......You sure that's a Christmas tree????...... smoke.gif
Zimms
That's awesome.

SOT - I like the way the blacked out hood and trunk look.
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ripper911

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:32 PM) *

Ripper.......You sure that's a Christmas tree????...... smoke.gif

I can never get my trees grown that big before the police pick them for me. smoke.gif

QUOTE(Zimms @ Nov 29 2011, 07:17 AM) *

SOT - I like the way the blacked out hood and trunk look.

I think the trunks and sidestripes make it look like a hot wheels car. driving.gif
...and if it would have scratched the paint, I would have just had to apply some more krylon.

Zimms
I saw your car @ Petit, but it did not stand out as much with all that clay dust on it. beerchug.gif See ya next year!
JMKnight
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Nov 26 2011, 07:52 AM) *

Like the title says, I'm wondering what the best way to tie a christmas tree to the top of a 914 would be.

I'm planning on going to cut a tree down this afternoon, and I'll be in the 914.

with this kind of weather, the 914 gives way to a more appropiate vehicle! confused24.gif
ripper911
I've been known to drive the 914 in the snow.
IPB Image
balljoint
+1

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.