Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Bracket or Not To Bracket...That is the question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I noticed that the Bosch Blue Coil comes with a bracket. Yes, I know you can also order it without the bracket.

My question: I noticed that the bracket that comes with the Blue Coil allows more cooling under the coil that the stock configuration where you bolt the coil directly to the tin. Is this cooling minimal or not?

Anyone have an opinion?
underthetire
Get it with the bracket. If you end up not using it, it makes for a great aftermarket fuel pump bracket smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Those brackets dont fit the nut plates on the tin very well. I prefer the one that mounts the coil on the front of the fan shroud.
'73-914kid
Another reason to mount it on the fan shroud is simply that the vibrations of the running engine will rip the coil mount tabs out of the sheet metal tin over time..
JawjaPorsche
Does anyone have picture of how the coil is mounted to the fan shroud? I have a 1.7 engine.

Thank you so much in advance.
windforfun
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 26 2011, 01:51 PM) *

Those brackets dont fit the nut plates on the tin very well. I prefer the one that mounts the coil on the front of the fan shroud.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

I used large dia. SS washers (not quite fender washers). I also put shrink tubing on the entire "O" portion of it so that the coil's finish wouldn't get messed up. FYI.

P.S. I also painted the thing red to match my plug wires & air filter. What the hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.