Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 oil temp sensor location and pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
anyone have a picture of a 2.0 oil temp sensor and location?

I was told that it is broken on the 2.0 that i purchased. can i run the engine with FI without that? what is my alternative? start drilling?
Dave_Darling
Oil temp is just for the gauge. The sensor lives up inside a plate on the bottom of the engine, at the left-front corner. The plate is held in by two bolts, and is sometimes called the "taco plate". The injection does not use that in any way at all.

The head temp sensor is near the #3 spark plug in the right-side cylinder head. The injection does use that, and the engine will generally not run at all without it hooked up and working. It can be bypassed with some work (and a variable resistor) but it is by far best to have it hooked up and working.

The intake air temp sensor is in the top of the manifold. It is nice to have it but the engine will still run decently without it.

--DD
914itis
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 27 2011, 12:26 AM) *

Oil temp is just for the gauge. The sensor lives up inside a plate on the bottom of the engine, at the left-front corner. The plate is held in by two bolts, and is sometimes called the "taco plate". The injection does not use that in any way at all.

The head temp sensor is near the #3 spark plug in the right-side cylinder head. The injection does use that, and the engine will generally not run at all without it hooked up and working. It can be bypassed with some work (and a variable resistor) but it is by far best to have it hooked up and working.

The intake air temp sensor is in the top of the manifold. It is nice to have it but the engine will still run decently without it.

--DD

Thanks Dave, he mentioned that it was broken on the block, I was just curious. I sent him a PM for clarification and he did not reply yet. "broken on the block" is what i was worrying about.

The head temp sensor seems to be fine.
Tom_T
"Taco Plate" OT sensor mounting plate is forward left of the oil sump, with the wire coming out the front, as in pic of mine below.

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
on that engine - the oil pressure sensor is sheared off at block.

oil temp is probably fine.

jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.