Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever wonder where the fins end up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I can't say when I have ever had more time to spend in the garage as I have had over this weekend. My work load has slowed for the first time in at least the last 9 years. I spend Saturday trying to clean up the garage. Actually the last several weekends on and off. I was oranizing my spare engines and decided to pul the tin off one of them to make it narrowerfor storage. This was a running engine a friend pulled out of his 914 and left outside two winters with nothing but a zip lock baggies over the carbs. Needless to say it's locked up.

I pulled the tin and thought.... idea.gif That's wierd.. what are those strange curved things..... confused24.gif and why would anyone put those in the path of the cooling air screwy.gif ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Then I looked up front

Click to view attachment

Found a couple more

Click to view attachment

poorsche914
You can sell that fan on ebay as a "racing" version lol-2.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:21 AM) *

idea.gif shades.gif
wingnut86
Make sure the exposed head bolts each have that "wrench scooter shield" installed behind them, or you'll never be able to hot swap the heads in the pits. Make sure the tins have appropriate "scooter" holes placed appropriately so you can insert the impact extensions for the above.

blink.gif beer.gif

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 27 2011, 10:30 AM) *

idea.gif shades.gif

AA would ask $85 for that custom lightened fan... biggrin.gif
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 27 2011, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 27 2011, 10:30 AM) *

idea.gif shades.gif

AA would ask $85 for that custom lightened fan... biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
bigkensteele
Thats funny. When I re-sealed my engine, I threw everything into the parts washer, and I ended up with one of those funny looking curved pieces. I had no idea where it came from until now! Thanks! beer.gif
SLITS
The problem occurred due to the use of non-Germanic spark plugs ... Gott in Himmel, they are Motocraft!
76-914
Damn, I always thought Fins ended up in a grave somewhere in Finland. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.