Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Heater Ducting Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
73' MY has the single outlet at the blower and 2 openings to the HE's via J tubes, one of which is capped off. That being the left side. My question is this: Can I connect the fan to the left side instead of the right side?
type47
It's normally connected to the drivers side and the passenger side is capped off.
76-914
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 27 2011, 02:36 PM) *

It's normally connected to the drivers side and the passenger side is capped off.

Thx for setting me str8 on that one. This one was capped on the drivers side and it seemed odd.
tradisrad
the fan should have a "y" on it and it splits to BOTH sides of the heater ducts in the engine compartment. Neither side is capped off. Here is a picture of the parts needed (not my pic).
Click to view attachment
dlee6204
the fan should have a "y" on it and it splits to BOTH sides of the heater ducts in the engine compartment. Neither side is capped off.

73/74 cars had a single outlet fan with one J-tube capped off.

70-72 cars had a dual outlet fan

75-76 cars had a single outlet fan with a splitter
dlee6204
Double post
tradisrad
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Nov 27 2011, 05:53 PM) *

the fan should have a "y" on it and it splits to BOTH sides of the heater ducts in the engine compartment. Neither side is capped off.

73/74 cars had a single outlet fan with one J-tube capped off.

70-72 cars had a dual outlet fan

75-76 cars had a single outlet fan with a splitter

Huh, my '73 had the splitter and heat on both sides. But after years of people tinkering with it I really don't know what is "factory". None the less I think the splitter is the way to go!
shulew 3
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 27 2011, 04:53 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 27 2011, 02:36 PM) *

Thx for setting me str8 on that one. This one was capped on the drivers side and it seemed odd.

Kent, I have a splitter on mine. gets heat to both sides when you turn the fan on. got it from AA yrs ago( I do go to the NW)

Lew
76-914
Thx for all the replies. I'll hook it up w/ one J tube only (stock configuration) for the present. This way I can compare it to my 76 which has the splitter and 2 hoses. I'll report back if there is any appreciable difference between the 2 systems.
Gint
You can put the hose (and subsequently the cap) on whatever side you want.
rick 918-S
Kent, You have a factory fan mount on the left. You can do this several ways. Either disconnect the "J" tubes and swap them, pull the cap off the left "J" tube and install it on the right one so you can connect the fan to the left "J" tube, or just run a long hose to the right side.
type47
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 28 2011, 02:59 PM) *

Either disconnect the "J" tubes and swap them, ...

explain. The J tubes are L and R side.
rick 918-S
Technically I guess they call these connecting pipes. I call them "J" tubes.. They stick through the cooling tin.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.