Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoCross Aug 29th at Tire Rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I missed my regions AX this past weekend, went to the MWC instead smilie_pokal.gif
Anyway the South Bend region is having a AX on the 29th. Anyone care to join me??
You don't have to be a SCCA member to play.

The details:
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
Tom Perso
I'll see if I can make it. If I can't make it, I would like to try and make the LMC event in Benton Harbor. I am originally from St. Joe!

Later,
Tom
SteveSr
I'll be there Garold boldblue.gif but with no car laugh.gif ...............

SteveSr
GaroldShaffer
Steve bring a helmet and lets go for a ride driving.gif clap56.gif

One week from today..... driving.gif burnout.gif driving-girl.gif
SteveSr
Cool!! boldblue.gif I'll be there!!!! aktion035.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
jmargush
Great glad to here there will be some more 914 guys there. I will be there and there is anther 4 cylinder and a six that should be there.
GaroldShaffer
One more bump. This Sunday the 29th. See ya there. icon_bump.gif
seanery
Garold,
Take pics!

I wish I could go to this. sad.gif
Maybe it'll be done soon.
Pnambic
I'll bring my camera, but I don't have one nearly as nice as yours Sean.
And I doubt my Buick would be much fun on the track <_< , so I'll just be there to watch and root on my favorites.

Sounds like a good time!
SteveSr
Hey!,I plan on shooting some video. It'll be on VHS though.
Hey Sean,are there any DE's or autox events around Indy we might be interested in???

SteveSr driving.gif
seanery
There's:
1. DE the weekend after the Fall Foliage Classic (October 29-31),
2. Sept 3-5 at Putnam is the Ohio Valley Region DE,
3. Sept 17-19 is our Porsche Club Race with DE 3 days (must have 4 prior DE days to attend - no instruction)
GaroldShaffer
Kool a chearing section smilie_pokal.gif wink.gif if you got them bring a helmet. Ride alongs are free driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Weather report is so so for tomorrow. AccuWeather forcast is for a A passing shower in the morning; otherwise, mostly cloudy and cool high 71. I still plan to attend, hope to see ya there.
Pnambic
I'm no longer a go tomorrow....wife insists that I accompany her to a wedding reception we were invited to....in Valpo....at noon.... sad.gif

Thought about ya today....went to see a teener that was for sale in LaPorte. Heard about through two other people, so I figured the facts as they got to me were pretty skewed....took a look....sorta. It was buried under 3 feet of crap on all sides, outside, where it's been for the last 10 years or so. I could tell off the bat that the car was literally broken in half., but that's about all I could tell. The guy reportedly wanted $1000. I literally laughed out loud. I told him that IF he dug it out, I might consider looking at it again.

Ahh well....
jim912928
I'm still coming Garold...part of the cheering section only though! Still have some stuff torn off the 914 up front as I'm working on the sway bar, fresh air motor, dash etc. I'll bring the tail dragger so you can see another paint job that Mann's did for me....you'll be hooked!
GaroldShaffer
Well had a less than stellar day but it was still fun. Had 90+ drivers there today, 4 runs each, started 11amish done by 4pm.

I had had three DNF, kept missing the same cone headbang.gif also had a nice spin off course into the grass backwards wacko.gif Finally on my last run, NO DNF but I got my ASS kicked sad.gif

Meet a new teener there, he has a 74 that he bought from Brad Mayeur back in 1976, very well setup, it is all stock except for the koni's and the racing tires. After my 2nd DNF I road with him, so that's how a 914 is suppose to be driven, wow. Then he road with me, yep my run with the awesome spin laugh.gif

Also 914club members Steve Sr and jim912928 came to watch. Took Steve with me on my last run, maybe he is my good luck charm cool_shades.gif

Anyway had a good time and I'm learning. Next time I will do better, I hope unsure.gif
SteveSr
agree.gif Could be luck Garold,or maybe it was just my fat A$$ holding that side of the car down laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SteveSr
jmargush
Garold,
It was great to have another 914 there yesterday. Tim pulled of a great final run by grabbing third in the last strech of the course and beat me by 6 tenths.

We have two more events left in the season next one at the Rack is Oct ber tenth. Hope some more 914's can make it.
GaroldShaffer
I plan to be there Both you and Tim and his daughter had excellent runs. I still have a long way to go, but I'm having fun. biggrin.gif

For the next AX I think I am going to disconnect my rear sway bar and see what that does for me. To me if feels like my car is to loose in the back and I am all over the course, then again it just be my less than perfect driving style also, or both confused24.gif

Anyway great meeting and your brother, hope you guys can make it to the Fall Foliage Classic.
SteveSr
Here's Garold at speed driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif

SteveSr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.