Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CCing heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
The parts I've been waiting for are on the way so I'm getting some of the things I been putting off done. Cleaned the shop. Checked to see if I needed anything else. Tonight I CCed the heads as a first step in calculating compression ratio. Here is a plastic disk with a couple of holes in it sealed to the head with grease.
DNHunt
Here's the bubble I had to chase out.
DNHunt
Here it is full. The thing that looks like a bubble over the intake valve is a vent hole in the plastic disk. The larger hole that I syringed the vegetable oil into is over the edge of the exhaust valve. Volumes were right around 51.5 cc's.

Dave
rhodyguy
OK DAVE!!!! smilie_pokal.gif looks like the main event is close at hand.

kevin
Jake Raby
Damn, I forgot just how good that pair of heads looked!
McMark
Quick and dirty cc session two nights before I drove the car to the WCC.
Demick
I just did mine last weekend. I got 61cc. That's a big difference between what you got Dave.

My heads were just back from the machine shop. All new valves, seats, guides, springs, etc etc. There were cracks at every valve and spark plug hole that had to be fixed. All tolled: $1550. Ouch.

Demick
blabla914
Dude-throw some ATF in your cc'ing fluid....Not that its all that tough to see, but it makes things easier. Somebody posted that a while ago and I tried it recently. Works pretty nice.

Kelly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.