Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 weight loss
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Anyone know how much the front and rear hoods weigh on a 914? How about the windshield wiper motor and assembly? I think my car could stand to lose a little weight..... tongue.gif

Bill P.
Mueller
Front hood with latch= 31lbs

Engine lid without rain tray= 10lbs

Just measured them a few minutes ago (why are you taking our scale into the garage?, guess who asked that?? smile.gif )
Gint
I get, "Why are you taking those parts into the bathroom?"
nine14cats
Guess how I compared weight on my hoosier slicks on 15" 944 cookie cutters versus my 18" HRE's on my 911? I was asked why I was standing on our bathroom scale "wearing" a 285/30/18 SO3. I replied "does it make me look fat?"

I'm thinking of buying Bontempi's fiberglass front and rear lids....I have a 5" spoiler on the back of my metal rear hood now....I wonder how I can attach a wing....maybe the hot glue gun by the sewing machine?????? rolleyes.gif
Mike T
I remember reading somewhere the stock rear deck lid weighs 39lbs. Could it be that much?

Last Saturday at the Hershey, PA Porsche swap meet I checked out the fiberglass racing rear deck lid from Aircooled Racing, maybe 6 lbs. Good price too $225.00. I was tempted but I'm saving my pennies for a V8 adapter setup.

Mike T
URY914
Be careful with putting a wing on. Your rules may have something to say about it. Also you'll have to mount it off the car itself not just the deck lid.

I can believe the rear lid is 39 pounds, it is a bitch to pick it up off the car. The wiper motor and linkage is heavy, maybe 5-7 pounds and it is up high so it needs to go. Use RainX instead.

Paul
Mueller
Bill,

Rich sells a rear spoiler that IMHO is the best looking rear spoiler for a 914...

I'm pretty sure they are available in 3" and 6" heights.

Spoiler on Hole
nine14cats
Thanks Mike,

I've already got Rich's 3" spoiler and had a wicker added to it to raise the height. I'll check with Rich on the 6"....Do I have to do a backing plate on his fiberglass hood to keep it in place if I try lightenening the trunk hood?

Thanks,

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Umm Mikey.. that is a Sheridan rear spoiler... and Roger does sell them in a anything from 3-6 inch. Bontempi used to stock them.. dont know about now.

B
Mueller
I did not know that smile.gif

I now stand corrected biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.