I am helping my dad sell his 1972 Porsche 914. He has owned it for the past 10 years and has kept it in great running condition. He really loves this car and hates to part with it, but at this point in his life he needs to downsize. He always talks about what great gas mileage it gets. He has had the same master Porsche mechanic work on the car since he has owned it. The car has had the transmission and engine rebuilt, and a long list of other work; we have all the receipts. Over the past 10 years my dad has spent $15,800 to maintain the car. The odometer reading is 54,343; I believe the odometer has rolled over at least once. The title does not show the mileage when it was transfered to my dad August 2001. We did research the VIN and found that at some point the color was changed; prior to my dad owning it. There is a very small surface rust spot on the front of the hood; I have searched other areas on the car (front and back trunks, under the carpet in the passenger area and the battery tray); there is a very small bit of surface rust along the back edge in the back trunk and there appears to be some rust on the battery tray. My son said he checked under the car and did not see any rust. I didn't see any in the passenger area. There is a tear in the driver's side upholstry by the headrest and a very small hole in the upholstry by the head rest (passenger side). There are several cracks on the dashboard. The driver's side visor came off, but just needs to be reattached. There is a worn place of the upholstry on the top of the driver's door. Please email if you are interested. I also have more photos, which I can email.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article