Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fosgate Battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
What the concenus on this battery???? confused24.gif
MarkV
Looks like an Exide Orbital minus a couple of terminals w/ a gray case. cool_shades.gif
StratPlayer
I got a line on a new Optima Orange Top $90.00, I don't belong to costco and the shipping charge on this is only 13.00,, so I think I'm gonna go that route.
MarkV
Here is the Orbital. Posts on all 4 corners. Bolt right into the 914 battery tray.
TMorr
At WEVO we have done a 911 Battery box in molded fiberglass that goes into the aircon cavity.
We searched high and low for a suitable battery, as the molding and clamp are specific to the shape of the battery.
We elected to go with this one, made in CA, gel, very inexpensive and plenty of power for any of the applications most Porsche users would have.

http://www.teammiata.com/TM420.htm

The battery weighs 23.5 lb and we have a billet clamp machined for the lateral groove in the top of the battery that could be used in other applications if that is of interest to anyone.

regards

Hayden PTBT
tryan
i have read somewhere ( pp911bbs) that the fosgate ( robert, the punch? ) is just a renamed battery with the price jacked up to sell at sound shops. i'm not sure if it is a optima or what. shop around you might be able to get the exact same thing at a cheaper price.
TimT
Are you looking to save weight? or looking for more power for audio stuff

I havr this battery in my 911, I think its 15 lbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.