Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Want to talk about thrill issues..?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
WOW! I could watch that for hours and not be bored.
BajaXJ92
You fall, you're dead.

I couldn't imagine living in one of those houses and having a bike come crashing through my second story window whilst I enjoy a Coke and a smile. blink.gif
Randal
Gives you a good idea how fast the big bikes run on the big tracks.

Those guys are running 10 tenths, which is tough to do anywhere, let along down roads where any mistake is going to be ugly.

Unbelievable talent to be able to push that hard.
jaxdream
What a fuching rush that's got to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
To push machine and self that hard with total disreguard , one has got to have unobtainium man stones ..........
Title says it all - Isle of MAN !!!!!!!!!

Jack
clow
I saw a documentary on this. Its crazy!

Do their front tires ever touch the ground? blink.gif
Rand
QUOTE(clow @ Nov 28 2011, 11:41 AM) *

Do their front tires ever touch the ground? blink.gif

Yes, when their rears don't (braking). laugh.gif
tscrihfield
Love the Isle race! It is sad that every year the victor has to give his condolences to a friend or fellow racer killed at the track... It would be a huge rush though. Those guys have some serious Marbles!

PeeGreen 914
There is a reason it is called Isle of Man blink.gif

Jakeodoule
Believe it or not we used to have a race in the states like that.

I race the last one they had. It was in Steamboat springs CO.
While the course was a fraction of the length of the Isle of Man course, It was no less deadly. It was about 6 miles long and was through the streets of the town. Complete with curbs,signs,walls,man hole covers and death lurking on every bend.

Some would say even more deadly cause it was a race against each other not the clock. We all left the line at the same time and battled bar to bar.
I got 2nd in a field of 35 bikes.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.