Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Turnkey 2.1 Engine with dual Webers - $1500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
SOLD

I rebuilt this engine 3 years ago and ran it on the street and a bunch of DE events. I converted to a 6 last year and really don't have any use for this engine. Check my build thread link at the bottom of this post for some pictures. I'll get some more pictures and videos up later.

The Good:
- Keith Black 96mm pistons
- Webcam 86B cam
- Schaedek pump with properly clearanced cam gear
- Dual Weber IDF40's
- Rebuilt heads
- Resurfaced Flywheel
- Complete from fan shroud to flywheel and '74 engine bar. Ready to run, no tuning needed.

The not so Good:
- AA cylinders
- Some piston slap

I went with AA cylinders because of two previous very good experiences with them. This set was clearly cost reduced and had more piston to cylinder clearance than I was really happy with. The result is what sounds like knocking at certain RPMs. At one point, I disassembled the engine and replaced the rods and rod bearings thinking that was the problem, but the noise was still there.

Bottom line is that this is a solid engine with good power throughout the RPM range. There's roughly 10,000 miles on this engine.

$1500 plus shipping. Local pickup preferred, but I can palletize and ship if needed.

Thanks for looking!
BajaXJ92
Where are you located?
tomeric914
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:11 AM) *

Where are you located?

I'm just outside of Syracuse, NY.
tomeric914
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:11 AM) *

Where are you located?

BTW, I can personally get the engine down to Sterling, VA for $150.
tomeric914
Here's a picture of what the engine looked like in the car.

IPB Image

...and here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzT_X3NbCI
Speedster Mike
Tom,
I told a friend about your engine for sale....I know what it cost to build one of these motors .....This is a bargin! He may be getting in touch with you soon. I have a 2056cc motor also that I just built and I like it alot! Hope you don't mind this question....Just curious....what vents and jets did you run with this set up? You can PM me with a response if you like .......I know this question does not really pertain to this tread. Sorry...but your response would be appreciated very much.

Thanks, Mike
tomeric914
QUOTE(Speedster Mike @ Nov 30 2011, 08:02 PM) *

Tom,
I told a friend about your engine for sale....I know what it cost to build one of these motors .....This is a bargin! He may be getting in touch with you soon. I have a 2056cc motor also that I just built and I like it alot! Hope you don't mind this question....Just curious....what vents and jets did you run with this set up? You can PM me with a response if you like .......I know this question does not really pertain to this tread. Sorry...but your response would be appreciated very much.

Thanks, Mike

Yes, it is sold and I'm just finishing up the crate to ship it. There is no doubt that it was a bargain but I would much rather that someone from this forum enjoy it than have it sit in the corner of my garage.

Jets are as follows but yours will depend on heads, cam, compression, etc.:

Mains 130
Idles 50
Air Correction 200
Emulsion F11
Venturi 28

Speedster Mike
Thanks Tom !.......Somebody got a DEAL!
somd914
QUOTE(Speedster Mike @ Nov 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *

Thanks Tom !.......Somebody got a DEAL!

I'm the one that got a nice Christmas present from Tom santa_smiley.gif

I have a '73 2.0 with approx 90k miles, engine runs well for original, but is a bit tired, thus I've been looking into building a 2056 that would have been very similar to Tom's. Couldn't pass up the deal.

Must say Tom was quick to respond, answered all my questions, and bent over backwards to get it shipped - due in tomorrow, but given my schedule and some other items to take care while the engine is out, it will probably be over the holidays before I have it installed and back on the road. Should be a nice enhancement. Hmmm, perhaps flares next...
Speedster Mike
Good for you!....Your the Lucky one!...Heck of a deal!....With the all the money you saved....Maybe you can now look at adding the flairs and a 930 wheel/tire package from Performance Automotion!........ Let us know how you like it once it's in!
somd914
QUOTE(Speedster Mike @ Dec 3 2011, 11:10 AM) *

Good for you!....Your the Lucky one!...Heck of a deal!....With the all the money you saved....Maybe you can now look at adding the flairs and a 930 wheel/tire package from Performance Automotion!........ Let us know how you like it once it's in!

I think I did well on this purchase.

My car has a 911 suspension and brakes up front, would like to move up to turbo tie rods. Flares would be sweet also, but that will be in the future...

I'll post a thread once I get to the swap, but with the holidays and this being an unplanned purchase, it's not going to happen for a month or two.

Now what to do with the old - hold on to it for spares, or sell it to finance more upgrades? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.