Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beauty and The Beast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I was looking on Evil-Bay and noticed this Teener for sale.

The car really looks good from the distance especially with the Fuchs. Then look under the car and it is OMG!

Warning! Pictures are very graphic!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item35b7482b89

This is sorta like bringing the girl home from the bar that you met in the dim light and you wake the next morning with her beside you in daylight and you realized that you were drinking way too many shots!
Ferg
That is an expensive parts car.
eric9144
Another gem from your friends at... WTF.gif
r_towle
just needs a floor and a paint job....and a new master cylinder...that is what must be leaking.
'73-914kid
At least the paint is shiny? confused24.gif

That car is sagging at the back of the door.. I agree, very expensive parts car.
Elliot Cannon
It seems they showed how rusty the car is. Those were very graphic and informative pics. They even said how much it would cost to repair. The car is a parts car for sure but is this an honest ad? Were they honest in their description of the car and did they answer the question honestly?

Cheers, Elliot
Ferg
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 28 2011, 11:18 AM) *

It seems they showed how rusty the car is. Those were very graphic and informative pics. They even said how much it would cost to repair. The car is a parts car for sure but is this an honest ad? Were they honest in their description of the car and did they answer the question honestly?

Cheers, Elliot

agree.gif I can't figure out why somebody in the parts business is not well... parting that. It's really to far gone, especially for a novice to attempt.

Ferg
billh1963
Educate me, please. I see the rusty floorboards...what else am I missing? I admit that I am a novice and don't have any experience in looking at pictures and determining the rust issues from what I see. What specific issues does this car have?
SirAndy
Holy mother of swiss cheese! icon8.gif

Them longs are shot and i'm surprised the pedal cluster hasn't fallen out of the car yet.
barf.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 28 2011, 12:42 PM) *

Educate me, please. I see the rusty floorboards...what else am I missing? I admit that I am a novice and don't have any experience in looking at pictures and determining the rust issues from what I see. What specific issues does this car have?

A 914 that's close to folding in half--Rusted longitudinals, floorpans are toast, front trunk pan is shot, rear trunk pan is shot...if you look at the pictures of the doors you notice that the alignment is way out indicating that the "folding" of the chassis has already started--doors are likely binding. Also looks like if you hit the brakes too hard you're going to push the entire pedal assembly through what's left of the floor.

I could go on but I think you get the idea... stromberg.gif
rmital
..that's a typical find around New Jersey area. They look good when your walking up. But then you see the carnage/rust from leaves packed under the car every Fall. And snow sitting under the carriage every Winter.

the car sits in the driveway under an expensive cover, and all the crap underneath holds moisture and rust prevails.......

....the owners are usually in shock when I point it out. "it wasn't like that when I parked it years ago"!
Ferg
remember any rust you can SEE is only 30-40percent of it sawzall-smiley.gif
Pat Garvey
Take the roof off & it's toast!
Eric_Shea
Hopefully that's an "in-house" bid otherwise... someone's in for a "bone'n" AA style.
MDG
Oh my . . .
Tom_T
That listing has been pulled now, but I was glad to see one in worse shape than mine! dry.gif
SLITS
Still up at $3,950 .......

JmuRiz
I do like that front valence...other than that, it does have a lot of other nice parts. At least the seller isn't hiding the rust.
ellisor3
Shipping should be easy, just fold it up an put it in a medium UPS box. blink.gif
bandjoey
Other than the price gouging...a very honest ad description. What U say? $1000 car?
Gint
At least there are plenty of pics so the buyer would clearly know what they're buying. But who in their right mind would put in an opener of $3950 for that? Unless of course it's an inside job as Eric said.
scotty b
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 28 2011, 04:29 PM) *

That listing has been pulled now, but I was glad to see one in worse shape than mine! dry.gif

confused24.gif still up on my pooter confused24.gif
rnellums
Marathon metallic is one of my favorite colors but the car has been resprayed. To me that rust is a deal breaker at that price.
rnellums
Somewhat related is this car, it looks pretty clean but the description says it has coilovers in the front and rare 4 wheel discs. How hard can it be to Get some background info on the car you are selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item20beeab3b0
a914dude
The doctor calls himself 'Lionel' because he used to deal in HO trains.

Kinda of like when God was giving out brains? The doc asked for a toy one.

Bada bump. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.