Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European market for 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
I keep getting the impression 914's are going for higher prices in Europe than in the USA.

I have a 76 thats a rust free car, non running now, ratty interior, otherwise, quite stock other than some crappy minilight wheel clones.

I am thinking of cleaning it up, getting it to at least run and move on its own, and selling it. Do you think its worth the effort to try and list the car in Europe? If so, in what countries and on what websites?
Gustl
the biggest market should be Germany, but also France and the Netherlands

propably the biggest car selling pages are
www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de

both are available all over Europe, but default settings are German

can't tell you if the efford would pay back confused24.gif
DEC
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 28 2011, 07:45 PM) *

www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de

Andy can help you with the German language , you are in the near of him, right?

But

You should it offer local, a lot of agents for German importer are searching
rust free cars in CA and the market for good teeners be smaller day by day

The advantage is that you have no problems with shipping etc. and get
the money in hand.

smilie_flagge6.gif

SUNAB914
Gasman recently sold his back to germany, his was a very fine example and brought top dollar.
jeffdon
QUOTE(DEC @ Nov 28 2011, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 28 2011, 07:45 PM) *

www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de

But

You should it offer local, a lot of agents for German importer are searching
rust free cars in CA and the market for good teeners be smaller day by day

The advantage is that you have no problems with shipping etc. and get
the money in hand.

smilie_flagge6.gif

Yeah but then the agent gets their pound of flesh. I was thnking i could handle it myself, as my business is sorta slow now, and I would have the time.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DEC @ Nov 28 2011, 11:17 AM) *

Sure can. I'm in West-O ...

driving.gif
JRust
I'm curious about that market too. I have kicked around listing my Creamsicle over there idea.gif . If it would bring a much better price I would. If it would only get me another grand or 2 I wouldn't bother blink.gif .
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 28 2011, 12:46 PM) *

I'm curious about that market too. I have kicked around listing my Creamsicle over there idea.gif . If it would bring a much better price I would. If it would only get me another grand or 2 I wouldn't bother blink.gif .

Let me know if I can help you, I sold a few cars to Germany (and I speak it which helps a lot).

- Juergen
Steve
I put my 993 on Craigslist and an exporter in Long Beach contacted me and bought my car. Two thousand down payment and the rest was wired to my checking account from Germany. The guy in Long Beach picked up my car and took care of the rest. I would just post it in Craigslist or put it on evil bay with a high reserve. They are watching. If it doesn't sell on evil bay they will contact you later with an offer.
EdwardBlume
Every P car shipped back to the motherland makes them rarer and rarer here...

The good... prices go up.
The bad... prices go up.
johannes
People from Europe will buy pristine rust-free cars if the ad is very well documented. That meens tons of pictures showing all the details and flaws.
75 car is not the most searched after car because they have low HP and people now it.
mepstein
Might not be worth it for a lower priced car.
Example-
20% premium on a 5K car = 1K
20% on 15K = 3K
20% on 40K = 8K

Buyers vary no matter where they are from so an overseas buyer might make the transaction easier than a local seller if they simply send you the money and they arrange for pick up. Who knows. Good luck.
Daiberl
I sold 3 Porsche to Germany so far (all 911) but the premium was higher than 20%. I always posted them on www.mobile.de with the basic package which is free and then posted a message on www.pff-online.de, a German Porsche forum. I agree that a 1975 will very likely not bring too much of a premium (they prefer up to 1974) but a Creamsicle or another nice 914 can bring nice money compared to here (and it's always worth a try smile.gif ).

- Juergen
Elliot Cannon
Send THOMAS a pm. Before he moved back to Germany, he sold a 914 and shipped it there. He might be able to give some advice.
naro914
I sold a pristine 74 2.0 to a guy in Germany that buys 1-3 car per month from the US and sells them to his 'buddies' over there. He's a doctor, that does this on the side. He has everything set up, and was great to deal with.

He is always looking for very good/excellent 914's, early 911's and early Benz's.
smontanaro
What about the mechanics of payment and shipping? Does the buyer take care of all that (finding a shipper, etc)? Where does the seller's responsibility end? How is payment made (escrow account, I suspect)?

Skip
draganc
the most important about selling or buying a car from the US to Europe will be condition (mainly body, engine, ect) and price.

most of the german car's have more rust than a typical CA car, hence, they are mostly looking for rust free cars.

exchange rate is a big factor for a EU buyer!

the import cost is: car price + shipment ($1k from NY to Bremerhafen) = car value than 10% customs plus 19% VAT.
hence, the $ price amount is almost the same in EU once the car is in germany i.e.

it makes more sense for high $$$ cars.

most of the time bike shipping is cheaper by air than see freight - less volume weight.

dragan

shipped some fiat 124, cadillacs, ducatis, and a few others $$$ cars ;-)
draganc
QUOTE(draganc @ Dec 1 2011, 05:59 PM) *

the most important about selling or buying a car from the US to Europe will be condition (mainly body, engine, ect) and price.

most of the german car's have more rust than a typical CA car, hence, they are mostly looking for rust free cars.

exchange rate is a big factor for a EU buyer!

the import cost is: car price + shipment ($1k from NY to Bremerhafen) = car value than 10% customs plus 19% VAT.
hence, the $ price amount is almost the same in EU once the car is in germany i.e.

it makes more sense for high $$$ cars.

most of the time bike shipping is cheaper by air than see freight - less volume weight.

dragan

shipped some fiat 124, cadillacs, ducatis, and a few others $$$ cars ;-)

ps: stock cars will sell the best w/o any modifications nor "upgrades" - the TUV is a real PITA in deutschland!
johannes
If you sell a 1975 car in Europe, you can get rid of the cat, egr...
You will get more $ if you backdate the exhaust and put euro pistons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.