Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rallye Shields or...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Jeroen
Just trying to see what you would like to do for 2005

I liked the rallye shields we did this year, and we could do them again, but...
There was definatly a problem attaching them to the cars. As a result, half the people just stashed them in the trunk and the other half had them "somewhere".
The goal of having a uniform look (and thereby the succes of the Rallye Shields IMO) was pretty much lost...
They did make a good piece of memorabilia though (I think or at least hope)

Because of that, I thought this year we should try something else
How about a big sticker? Something a little bigger than the rallye shield (say something between 15x15 and 20x20)
Big number, event-logo. Would look great if everyone would stick them on the same location on the front hood
Again, this would be great for sponsor opportunities (and bigger means we can put more on there)

Of course we could also do a sticker in the same shape/dimensions as this years rallye shield

Only downside with a sticker would be that it doesn't have a "memorabilia factor"

How about an additional sticker (about 4") as a kind of "I was there" marker

Any thoughts???

cheers,

Jeroen
drew365
I thought if we could get a sponsor for the track event, we could offer them that every car wear a windshield banner with their name which would mean all pictures of the event that are posted online or any media coverage would show their name and give them exposure. I don't know how much windshield banners would cost.
Jeroen
I was thinking more something along these lines
(although graphically more appealing)

The main or track sponsor could be on top, full witdh and we'd still have space for smaller sponsor positions
Cars have easily readable #'s (specially for the track, but I think they'd look cool throughout the entire event)
We could do different colors for different run groups

A windshield banner would not give us the opportunity to use an event-logo...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
very rough idea...
lagunero
Jeroen, I agree that the shields became mementos and I assume they will continue to be. Maybe this is what you have in mind, magnetic shields (magnetic sheets cut to the size and form of the proposed sticker). They would not only be useful but will become another piece of memorabilia (or crap). I'll look into this.
seanery
I like the magnet idea.
Howard
That is really neat. I tried the magnet 'meat balls' but they don't stay on as well as they could and some have glass or alloy panels. But tape or sticky (they do sell that 'post-it' style adhesive) will make them work better.

Static cling is probably cheaper and better, but not real permanent unless you really take care of them. Any idea on pricing?
Aaron Cox
i like the banner idea..and jorens magnetic panel too.
hmmm.... decisions decisions.
skline
I like the magnet idea too, I dont know how well it will stay on my car as I am doing 140 around Willow springs but I could always use the 2 sided tape as a backup. The placard for 2004 in different colors is the best idea, keep it standardized for the next few years is a good idea. The magnet idea would be best for the cars that are going to race. My hood and rear deck are still steel at this point so it would stick to mine.
drew365
My hood is fiberglass. It would be more noticable if it were on the doors anyway.
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 15 2004, 04:24 PM)
My hood is fiberglass. It would be more noticable if it were on the doors anyway.

I thought your 'hood was Van Nuys...

Orange really looks good on both. Nice and visible.
Howard
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 15 2004, 07:08 AM)
I dont know how well it will stay on my car as I am doing 140 around Willow springs but I could always use the 2 sided tape as a backup.

Scott, I have an extra speedo in mph if you want to get rid of the one in kph lol2.gif
VegasRacer
I seem to be in the minority, but I really liked the Rally Shields. True they were never really used to create a uniform ID for the cars. Oh well. I guess we are operating the planning committee as a democracy (or is it a benevolent dictatorship)..... either way, it looks like magnetic decals it is.

Last year we had discussed grill badges as an option also. I don't recall all the details but the cost was not cheap. Maybe this is something we could still do. The grill badges would be a nice permanent memento. They would not have to be year specific. Does anybody have the details of pricing and a source from last year? Is this something we want to consider making available as a WCC item or would it be better to wait and do a 914World.com grill badge when the e-commerce site is up and running?
seanery
I believe they were in the $15-20 range. I did some research, but can't find it at the moment.
McMark
I like the magnet idea (the big magnets stick really damn well).

I don't like grill badges.

I kept my '04 placard (shield) as a memento.
skline
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 15 2004, 05:34 PM)
I dont know how well it will stay on my car as I am doing 140 around Willow springs but I could always use the 2 sided tape as a backup.

Scott, I have an extra speedo in mph if you want to get rid of the one in kph lol2.gif

Oh, that was funny! You a funny man Howard. 20 bucks says I beat your best time. See who laughs then. Ha Ha Ha.

smilie_pokal.gif pissoff.gif
Howard
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 16 2004, 08:51 AM)

Oh, that was funny! You a funny man Howard. 20 bucks says I beat your best time. See who laughs then. Ha Ha Ha.

You're on, Scott. This time we'll both drive the Chalon biggrin.gif

Where were you Sunday? Slits and I got tired of ragging on each other and were looking for some fresh meat beerchug.gif
Andyrew
I like the magnent idea...

People can use them more than once!!! (maybe for autox!!)

The magnents might be a little expensive though....

Andrew
skline
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 16 2004, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 16 2004, 08:51 AM)

You're on, Scott. This time we'll both drive the Chalon biggrin.gif

Where were you Sunday? Slits and I got tired of ragging on each other and were looking for some fresh meat beerchug.gif

I would have told you both to just F*@# Off! Let's see, Sunday I was actually working on my car. It had been awhile since I was able to do anything to it. Now I am waiting for parts again. Lots more to do in the meantime. In the last 48 hours I have worked about 30 of them. I am beat right now and heading off to bed. More work tomorrow. All I can say to you at this point, is "Soon, its going to run soon".
Toast
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 16 2004, 11:47 AM)

I guess I wasnt fresh enough. ohmy.gif :finger2:
JK.

I like the magnet idea. They are actually pretty strong. They would be great on one of the doors, but we should pic either drive or passenger side. I really liked the rally shields of last year, but yes, there was no where to display them. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.